We all have our Facebook accounts, it is probably one of the very first social media platforms where we all signed up in the early days. Now after a decade, Facebook has evolved a lot in many aspects. They have bought Instagram and Whatsapp which are among the most popular social media platforms. Speaking of Whatsapp, a few years ago, we saw Whatsapp giving its users an option to type their texts in italic, bold, underlined or strikethrough style. Something which most of the social media platforms doesn’t allow doing so. Although there are some third-party apps and websites that do allow us to customize the texts, officially Facebook and Twitter doesn’t seem to allow that as of now. However, we have found some unofficial way through which you can update Facebook posts and status with different styles of texts.
For writing Facebook posts or updates, YayText is one of the most popular online services which people can use to customise their texts before updating on Facebook. But there are some Android apps that are even better text generator than yaytext website. These Android apps can even convert normal fonts into fancy-looking ones with a press of a button. Not only Facebook but if you use these customization Android apps you will be able to post on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Instagram, Discord, telegram, Youtube comments and a few more.
The working of this app is very simple, it uses the Unicode characters and CSS attributes or HTML tags like ‘font-weighted: bold’ etc to customize your texts.
We can use different types of designs and styles to make our speech more exaggerated or weighted. Users can also use bold, italic or cursive text to structure the text by denoting a specific part by adding highlights, post title or heading
The custom text generators can be used to write text in:
- Facebook posts
- Facebook comments
- Messenger Chats
- Facebook profile and bio information
- Facebook status
Available text Styles
There are a lot of different text styles which can be used to write posts on Facebook. Below we have the previews of all the available styles you can go through them and use them from the text generators which have been mentioned right after that. It looks good and works flawlessly, in my opinion, you must try if you really want people’s eye to catch attention on your post.
- Bold Italic
- Ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ
- Bold script
- Ｆｕｌｌ ｗｉｄｔｈ
- Sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀᴘɪᴛᴀʟ
- T̴i̴l̴d̴e̴ S̴t̴r̴i̴k̴e̴
- uʍoᗡ ǝpısd∩ and lots more
All of the text generators mentioned in this article only support English characters and numbers.
Bold text in Facebook Post, Chats And Profile
To write texts on Facebook in bold, italic, or cursive style, we will be using an online text generator service that is available for both mobile and desktop web browsers. fancy text guru and Fancy text Generator. Both of these websites provides service for both the platform, unlike yaytext which is only available for desktop browsers and doesn’t work properly on mobile browsers. Other alternatives that are mentioned below also work flawlessly on desktop browsers but were causing some issues on chrome and firefox on Android devices.
Below are the steps on how to write bold text on Facebook for web and Android.
- Go to Facebook and log in with your account, now tap on the post creation box and usually says ” What’s On Your Mind “.
- Now, simply write the text part whatever you want to write or update as your status on Facebook.
- Now, tap and hols thee text you just typed and select the whole text using the cursor.
- A pop-up will appear with options stating “Cut, Copy, Clipboard, Select all “. Tap on the Copy option. For desktop users simply use the mouse to select the text and then press ctrl + c key from your keyboard to copy the text.
- Open the custom text generator fancy text guru or Fancy text Generator) in the web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Now on the website, you will see a textbox at the bottom, simply paste your copied text there.
- Now, you will see texts generated in a lot of different styles of the same text which you had pasted, choose the one you want to use it.
- Tap and hold the text style you want and copy it.
- Now return to the Facebook post editor box and simply paste the text copied. Also if you are using a Windows PC try pressing Windows + C key combination to activate the clipboard to copy multiple styles at once and paste it.
This method can be used to customise the text on not only Facebook but on any other platform as well which supports Unicode like Twitter, Whatsapp, Telegram and Messenger as well.
Alternative To yayText Generator
As we have already covered 3 different text generators above through which we can write bold text on Facebook. Below are a few more online services through which you can customize your texts and use them on Facebook.
- EmojiStock (recommended)
- Unicode Text Converter
Writing and Customising texts on Android Via App
Until now, the services mentioned were required to use a desktop browser to use the service and customise the text for posting on Facebook and other supported social media platform. But below we have mentioned a few different apps through which you will be able to change your texts into bold, italic and a few other styles right from your Android smartphone.
1. Fonts- Emojis & Fonts Keyboard
Fonts- Emojis & Fonts Keyboard is an Android app with very minimalistic UI and no unnecessary ads or anything. This app comes in handy when you are using an Android phone and wants to post on Facebook, Whatsapp messenger, Twitter and other social media with customized texts like Bold, italic or cursive and more other styles.
- To Install the App Fonts- Emojis & Fonts Keyboard download it from the google play store and install it from the link.
- After installing the App simply open it from the app drawer or your home screen.
- The app will launch with a screen asking for two options saying Enable Fonts Keyboard and Switch to fonts.
- One by one select both the options and then select Fonts app as your default keyboard app.
- After you have selected the Fonts keyboard, tap the back button.
- Now open the desired social media app like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Telegram app and then start writing in the area wherever given.
- As soon as you start typing, the Fonts keyboard app will pop-up. That’s it you are now all set to write your posts, comments and messages in a different style.
- To change and select a font style or switch between different font styles, you can slide the font selection bar to the left and right direction.
2. Stylish Text
This is yet another Android app through which you can post on social media in a different fancy style text. Although the Stylish text app has a different approach than the Fonts keyboard app mentioned above. This app is a pretty simple and minimal app. In my opinion, most people would prefer this app more than the Fonts keyboard app because nobody likes to switch the keyboard that often, everyone has their own preferred keyboards on which they feel comfortable typing. Below we have the full tutorial on how to use Stylish app to changer text style onto custom or fancy texts.
- Install the Stylish text App from Googler Play Store on your Android smartphone.
- After installation, launch the app and proceed with welcome screen transitions until you see the main menu of the app.
- At the bottom there would be a textbox, tap on it and start typing your text which you want to be customized.
- After you have finished writing your text, you will see the stylised version of your texts. Simply, tap and hold the text and then after selection copy it.
- Once you have successfully copied the stylized version of your text, paste it into any social media app or wherever you want to paste it.
So this was an extensive guide on how to have customized text on social media. With the help of this tutorial, you can post on social media with customized or fancy style texts like bold, italic, cursive and more.