Discord is one of the most popular VoIP platforms, especially for gamers. Discord provides a ton of different options for gamers, like streaming in high quality, voice chat, different channels you can even add bots in your chat groups. However, the quality of everything depends on your internet speed and bandwidth. The quality of discord voice channels also suffers if you don’t have a stable internet connection. So this is how you can adjust the audio quality of Discord Voice channels to perform it better without consuming much internet bandwidth.
With Discord Voice channels you can adjust custom bitrate for your audio channels. There are three different options to choose from starting with 64 then 96 and 128 kbps. This can be set differently for different voice channels.
Discord Voice channel comes in handy while playing games with your group of friends, and it becomes even cooler if you can chat in between isn’t it? That’s what Discord does perfectly. As of now, Discord is available for almost every platform like Windows, Mac, Browsers, Android and IOS as well.
Adjusting custom bitrate for different channels can help in saving the bandwidth of your internet which you can use in your online multiplayer game. So below are the steps on how to set custom audio quality bitrate on Discord Voice channels.
Please note that this guide is intended for those who manage a server on Discord. We will show how to configure the bitrate in voice channels in servers on Discord and Discord Nitro.
Discord Mobile Audio Quality
If you want to optimize the audio quality of Discord voice on your mobile phone, follow the steps mentioned below to adjust the custom bitrate for audio on your different Discord voice channels.
- Open Discord on your smartphone.
- Click on the Server icon and then click on the Voice channel in the group you want to adjust the audio quality in Discord.
- Now click on the 3 dots at the corner and select Channel Settings.
- Now on the next screen, you should see a slider that can be adjusted, it is the slider to adjust the bitrate of audio. The best would be something between 30kbps and 64kbps, rest you can check and adjust according to your internet speeds.
- To adjust all you need to do is drag the slider to adjust the bitrate to your preferences.
- Finally, click on save after you have selected the best bitrate for your audio quality on Discord.
Adjusting Voice Channel Bitrate on Discord PC
- Open Discord on your PC.
- Click on the server you manage on Discord.
- Hover your cursor on the voice channel of the one you want to adjust the bitrate of audio.
- Now, a settings icon should appear where you hovered the cursor click on it.
- Next, you will be seeing a slider, it is the slider to adjust the bitrate of the Discord Voice channel which you selected.
- Drag the slider and adjust the bitrate which you want to set off this particular Voice channel and then click on Save.
- You have successfully changed the bitrate of the particular voice channel on Discord.
So this was the guide on how to adjust custom bitrate for Discord audio on a particular channel. Do note that the higher the bitrate would be the more internet bandwidth it will consume, thus it can lead to higher latency as well. Therefore the best one would be 64 kbps or lower since the audio quality is often way better than in-game voice chat quality.
If you have a good and stable internet connection and your other friends too, then you can definitely set it up to 96 kbps or even 128 kbps, do check if you have latency or not in such a high bitrate if yes, then you can always turn it down for better latency.
Also read: How To Leave A Voice Channel In Discord