We all have a lot of personal information stored on our smartphones. Banking apps, personal photos, videos and many more such sensitive information are stored on almost everyone’s smartphones. This is why we also have a password or a passcode on our phones to protect our data from being stolen or misused by other people.
But what if you want to turn off your passcode for some reason? In case you want to share your phone with someone else, or you want to give your spare phone to your friend but you don’t want to share your passcode.
Turning off the passcode could be the option, but turning off the passcode on your iPhone puts the device at a lot of security risk. So, make sure to remove all of your personal and important information and data from your iPhone before you proceed in removing the passcode of the phone.
Also, if you disable the passcode of your iPhone, you won’t be able to use Face ID and Touch ID on your iPhone. Not to mention, you will also lose access to Apple Pay cards and you will not be able to reset your Apple ID as well. There’s a long list of compromises that you will have to make, in order to remove the passcode of your iPhone.
If you still have decided to remove the passcode of your iPhone, then the process of doing so is pretty easy and simple. It won’t take more than a few clicks and a few minutes. Do note that if you want to remove the passcode of your iPhone, make sure you know the current passcode of the phone, as while disabling the passcode, you will have to enter it.
This security system is added, so that only you can change or disable the passcode of your phone and not anybody else. Below is the step-by-step tutorial on how to turn off the passcode on your iPhone.
Turning Off Passcode on iPhone
- On your, iPhone go to the settings from the home screen.
- Inside the settings, you need to scroll down and click on Touch ID & Passcode.
- On the next screen, you will have to enter the current passcode of your iPhone in order to proceed.
- Once you have entered the correct passcode of your iPhone, you will see an option to change the Touch ID or Face ID settings, add or remove fingerprints, add an alternate face and at the end, you will an option to turn off the passcode or change the passcode.
- Since we need to turn off the passcode, so click on the Turn Passcode Off option.
- Again, you will be asked to enter the current passcode of your iPhone to finally turn off the passcode of your iPhone. Once you enter the passcode, your iPhone will no longer have any passcode to unlock the device.
- After the passcode is turned off, you will see the option to turn off the passcode has been replaced with Turn Passcode on. This confirms that the passcode has been disabled on your iPhone.
That’s it, now you have successfully turned off the passcode of your iPhone. Now, you can unlock your iPhone by just tapping on the home button or swiping up from the lock screen. Do keep in mind that now your phone can be accessed by anyone around you, and if stolen you won’t be able to track it or secure it.
Also, anybody can get access to the data inside your phone, so make sure you know what you are doing with your unlocked iPhone. If you are testing for some reason, then as soon as you finish it, make sure to turn your iPhone’s passcode back on.