One of the core features of a good smart TV is the ability to support screen sharing and casting. Screencasting means that you will be able to cast your mobile phone’s screen on your smart TV in real-time. It comes in handy when you want to show a picture or videos to your whole family at once. There are several smart TVs that support these features. However, the steps to mirror your Android or IOS screen on smart TV could vary from brand to brand. SO here is a quick tutorial on how to mirror your Android and IOS devices on Samsung Smart TV.
Not only that, if you have a Windows PC and a Samsung smart TV, we have a guide on how to cast your Windows PC screen on your Samsung smart TV.
Screen Mirroring From Android to Samsung TV
Almost all of the smartphones that have been manufactured in the last five years supports screen mirroring out of the box. The only thing that varies between the different smartphones is the name of the feature, some call it screen mirroring, while others call it screencasting, Samsung devices have named it a smart view.
- Samsung Devices – Screen Mirroring feature is called Smart View
- On your Samsung Galaxy smartphone swipe down to the quick settings page and find Smart View. Click on it.
- OnePlus Devices – The screen mirroring feature in OnePlus devices is called as cast
- For OnePlus 6, 6t, 7, 7 Pro, 7t, 7t pro, 8, 8 Pro, 8t, 9 and 9 Pro go to Settings > Bluetooth & Device connection > Connection Preferences > Cast
- alternatively, you can start casting from your OnePlus phones by the quick settings toggles, there should be a tile called a cast, click on it and you are good to go.
- Huawei and Honor Device – On Huawei and Honor phones, the screen mirroring feature is called Mirror Share.
- It is very easy to connect in Huawei and Honor devices all you need to do is go to settings >> Smart Assistance and enable it.
- Vivo and Xiaomi Devices – On Vivo and Xiaomi devices it is simply called cast screen.
- To mirror your screen on Xiaomi, Redmi and Vivo phones go to settings >> Connection & Sharing >> Cast and tap to activate it.
- Alternatively, you can do the same from the quick setting toggles as well, there should be a tile called a cast.
For Samsung Galaxy smartphones and Samsung smart TV, the screen mirroring works even better. This is because of the same eco-system. It means that the device is able to communicate with each other easily because the manufacturer of both the TV and the smartphone is the same. So here is a quick tutorial on how to mirror your Samsung Galaxy smartphone’s screen on your Samsung smart TV.
- First things first, make sure your smart TV is connected to a WIFI, if not then connect it to your home WIFI. Press the Home button on your TV navigate to settings >> General >> Network>> Open Network settings >> Wireless and then wait for it to scan and then select the network you want to connect to.
- Make sure your galaxy device is also connected to the same WIFI network.
- When both the devices are connected to the same wireless network, now click on smart view on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- As soon as you enable smart view, your phone will start to search for nearby devices, after a while, you should see your Samsung smart TV in the search list.
- Select your smart TV, then click on Start Now.
- Now, you will be prompted with permission on your smartphone asking to either start now or cancel it. Click on Start Now.
- Now, similarly, a prompt will appear on your smart TV asking to give access to your smart TV to your Samsung Galaxy device. Click on Allow option with the help of the remote of your TV.
- Finally, you will be able to see the phone’s screen is mirrored on your smart TV. You will also be able to see a floating button on the screen, clicking on it will allow you to change the aspect ratio and disable the screen sharing.
Mirror iPhone and iPad to Samsung Smart TV
IOS devices like iPads and iPhones can also mirror their screen on smart TVs. With the help of this feature, you will be able to share the screen of iPhone or iPad to your Samsung smart Tv that supports Airplay 2, otherwise, you can surely share the screen on Apple TV. To check whether your Samsung smart TV has support for Airplay 2 or not, then go to settings >> General and then find Airplay settings.
If you are able to see Airplay settings, then your Samsung smart TV supports Airplay 2 and can support screen mirroring from iPhone and iPads. To mirror your iPhone or iPad’s screen to your Samsung smart TV follow the below tutorial.
- Connect your Smart TV and your IOS device to the same WIFI network.
- Next, open the control center on your Apple device.
- On iPhone X and later on versions and on iPads running on ipadOS simply swipe down from the top right side of the screen and you will be inside the control centre.
- For iPhone 8 and before that, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Inside the control center, you will be able to see screen mirroring tile, click on the tile.
- Next, your device will start searching for available devices nearby that supports screen mirroring.
- Now on the list, you must see the name of your Samsung smart TV, click on it.
- You will be asked to enter a four-digit code on your Apple device, that code should be displayed on your smart TV screen, it is used for authentication.
- By default, the TV picks up the exact same display orientation and aspect ratio as it is of your Apple device, be it iPhone or iPad. Although, you can change and adjust the viewing experience by going to the picture size settings on your TV.
- You can also stop your IOS device to prompt for the four-digit code every time you try to mirror your screen on the TV. To do so all you need to do is go to settings >> General >> Apple AirPlay settings and there you can change the preference.
- To stop screen mirroring of your iPhone or iPad, just go to the control centre again and click on the stop mirroring tile.
Mirror iOS/ Android Screen With Smart things
The smart thing is an invention by Samsung for their Samsung Galaxy devices. Most of the high-end devices of Samsung comes pre-installed with Samsung Smart things. Smart things is basically an app that lets you control the smart appliances or devices around you, like your galaxy buds, air conditioner, camera or a Samsung smart TV and many more such products.
However, on the other hand, the good thing about Smart things is that it is available for almost every smartphone available in the market, be it iPhone or any other Android device. With the help of the smart things app, you will be able to control the whole TV right from your phone. Not only that, you can mirror your IOS or Android device’s screen to your smart TV.
To mirror your IOS or Android device’s screen to the Samsung smart TV using smart things, below is the tutorial to follow for the same.
Make sure your IOS or Android device and the Samsung smart TV is connected to the same WIFI network.
- Download the Smart Things app on your Android or IOS device. IOs users using iPad or iPhones can also use an app called Mirror for Samsung TV or Video and TV Cast + Samsung TV app for screen mirroring.
- Now, open the Smart Things app and give all the asked permissions which will be used by the app during the screen mirroring and while using other features of smart things. Also, sign in with your Samsung account, if you don’t have you need to create it. Alternatively, you can log in using the Google account as well, by pressing the Google button below the sign-in options.
- After signing-in tap on + icon and select Device >> TV >> Samsung.
- There must be a long list of supported Samsung smart TVs, find your model and select it.
- After selecting your Smart TV, click on Allow on your TV when prompted.
- Now, you will be able to see the remote control interface on your phone’s screen, tap on the 3-dot icon which should be somewhere at the top-right corner of the screen, now select the Mirror Screen ( Smart View ) option.
- That’s it you will now be able to mirror your iPhone or Android device’s screen on your Samsung smart TV.
Screen Mirroring From PC TO Samsung Smart TV
Another good thing about Samsung smart TV is that you can use it to mirror your laptop or PC screen. Most of the Windows 10 PCs supports screen sharing via a feature called Miracast. To use Miracast and mirror your Windows 10 PC into your Samsung smart TV, follow the method mentioned below.
- Firstly, make sure your Windows 10 laptop is connected to the same wireless WIFI network as your Smart TV is, otherwise it won’t be able to connect.
- Now, Go to Settings >> Devices >> Bluetooth and Other devices on your PC.
- Click on the ‘ + ‘ button which should be there in front of Add Bluetooth or another device.
- A dialogue box will appear. Click on Wireless display or dock.
- It will search for all available wireless displays connected to the same wireless network and are nearby.
- Now you wait until you see the name of your Samsung smart Tv on your PC, if it doesn’t show up, make sure it is connected to the same WIFI network, or try to restart your smart TV.
- Also, allow when on the TV you show and authorization access.
- Finally, your Windows PC will be connected to your Samsung TV.
So with this extensive guide of mirroring your screen to smart TV, you will able to mirror your Android phones, tablets or IOS devices like iPhones and iPads, along with that you will also be able to screen mirror your Windows 10 PC to the Samsung Smart TV. It is one of the coolest features of a smart TV.