TV can be the best big-screen option to show some important presentation or to represent data using Tableau to your teammates. Moreover, you can even watch high-definition movies with your friends using a laptop connected to a TV through HDMI. PlayStations and Xbox gaming consoles also demand to get HDMI cable for better FPS and high-quality video as an output on the TV.
It’s totally great if you successfully installed a laptop screen, PlayStation, or an Xbox displayed on your TV through HDMI without any issues. However, there are many people out there who reported an issue that they are experiencing sound absence issue, which means the sound is not working when they had displayed on their TV using HDMI cable.
But don’t you worry as we have got you all covered up, in this article, we will show you how you can get sound to play through HDMI on your TV.
What is HDMI?
HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface, is now becoming quite a standard option to display your laptop screen, PlayStation, and Xbox to other devices such as TV. Also, the TV does support standard HDMI cable ports. However, HDMI cables are highly recommended to transmit high-quality and high-bandwidth streams of audio and video between the devices.
There are different types of HDMO cable types are available for different types of Bandwidth according to the video resolution. You can even turn your AV TV (CTR TVs) to use HDMI if the correct resources are available.
Mind you, almost every TV’s have their own interface, so it’s uneasy to show the actual steps to fix the sound issues related to HDMI. But you can read further key points to get an idea to fix the sound output issues related to the HDMI cable.
- Have a look at sound settings on TV, you may have selected an incorrect sound output which is making the TV not to produce sound. Select HDMI on every setting possible.
- Also, some TV’s have two HDMI port available, you might have plugged your HDMI cable in another slot, if so, change the settings on TV or plug the HDMI cable into the correct port.
- Sometimes, HDMI cable is not plugged correctly or plugged half a way, in that scenario, replug the HDMI cables from both the end correctly and if this works.
- Ensure that the volume is turned on or isn’t mute or make it high, to know if the sound is getting out from the TV using HDMI cable.
- On a laptop, do a right click on the volume control icon located at the bottom left corner and select Playback Devices to access sound options > select Digital Output Device or HDMI as a default device > click on the Set Default and click on OK to save the changes that have made. Mind you, this method is only applicable with HDMI to HDMO connection, DVI or VGA to HDMI will need a 3.5mm audio cable connection so that speakers considered as default device.
- If you are using a gaming console like PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo. They have an option to select sound output through HDMI.
What if Nothing Works?
All the methods mentioned above are valid fixes to get sound to play through HDMI on TV. But if the issue is still there, then you need to consider changing the HDMI cable as it might faulty. There are worst-case scenarios that TVs have weak or faulty HDMI ports in that case you have no option but to see if the method works on a different TV.
That’s it for now, hope this helps! We are glad to know your thoughts in the comment section below. Till then, stay tuned for more info.