Recording the system audio or you can say internal audit of a device is somewhere challenging. It just needs the correct configuration settings or a program to record the internal audio of the system. And the same thing is applicable when you want to record the internal audio of a Mac, many Mac users cannot able to do it and keep their desired work pending. But don’t you worry as we have got you all covered up, by the end of this article, you will know how to record internal audio effortlessly.
Mind you, there are multiple methods to record internal audio on Mac. We have listed the best quick possible methods to do so. These methods will get your job done easily exactly how you want it to be, so go through each method and find which suits you best.
Record Internal Audio on Mac using Audacity
Let it’s known that Audacity is the best free software to record and edit the audio for your content. You can even remove the background noises manually with the help of Audacity. But keeping the fact in mind that we only have to record the internal audio of Mac then Audacity is the best free tool available out there.
- Just download and install Audacity on your Mac, the program is not available on the App Store but downloadable from their own official website, so it’s totally safe.
- Once installed, just press cmd+space and type “Auda” and press Enter to open Audacity.
- To record the internal audio of Mac, just click on the Record button located on the upper right section of screen.
- To stop the process of recording internal audio of the system, just click on Stop.
Record Internal Audio on Mac using QuickTime
QuickTime is another best program that is available to download from App Store. If you are one of those who don’t want to waste time downloading and using other programs to record internal, then QuickTime is the best option for you.
- Open QuickTime app from your Mac.
- Now click on the New Audio located in the file menu.
- Press Record button.
- To save the audio, just click on Save As available in the File options.
Record Internal Audio on Mac using Recordit
Recordit’s interface is focused on simplicity, the software is available for both Mac and Windows. Good thing is that the program is free to use that will help you to record audio, video, and screencasts. The only drawback is that you can only record the audio or video for 5 minutes in the free version of the program, else you can get access to the premium version.
- Download and install Recordit.
- Launch the software and click on the Camera icon, and then select Record button to start the recording process.
- Press the Stop button to stop the recording.
Record Internal Audio on Mac using Easy Audio Recorder Lite
Easy Audio Recorder Lite is a simple program that just wants to capture the internal audio of Mac with no other extra confusing options. Also, the software is lite and does not take much space on your Mac. Yes, it’s free to use program to record high-quality audio on your computer with a simple UI design.
- Download and Install Easy Audio Recorder Liteon your Mac.
- Open the app, and click on Input Device option from menu.
- Now, just select the source for audio by selecting the format for recording file.
- To capture internal audio on Mac, just click on the Record button.
- To stop the recording, click on Stop button.
Record Internal Audio on Mac using OBS
OBS is completely free software available for Windows and Mac operating systems. Moreover, you can do a live stream and record the video along with the audio of Mac. And if you have any external mic or internal mic option available then you can also give your voice-over during screen recording.
- Download and install OBS software on your Mac.
- Launch the OBS app and then click on the + ‘plus’ icon on the Scene section and give a name to that scene.
- Now, click on the + “plus” icon under the Sources section and select Audio Output from the menu list.
- Just click on Start Recording, to start recording the internal audio of the Mac.
- Click on the Stop Recording if you want to stop the recording.
- The recording will get saved to the default path, go to Settings > Recording option to set the path.
Record Internal Audio on Mac using Screenflick
Screenflick is another best option to record audio and video on your macOS. Unlike other software, you don’t have to download other add-ons to record the internal audio of Mac. Mind you, this program is not free to use but you can have it at a decent price range.
- Download and install Screenflick on your Mac.
- Launch the Screenflick and tick Record System Audio, in the Audio Options.
- Press Record button to start recording internal audio, and Stop recording to stop recording audio and video of the system.
- You can choose to save the file as MOV and MP4.
That’s it for now, hope this helps! Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. Till then stay tuned for more info.