Many iPhone and iPad users have reported that they had a serious issue related to iCloud. When you try to install iOS, or perform backup or restore your iDevice, the process get stuck on a never-ending spinning circle. The process not at all move on to the next step or screen.
If you’re facing the same issue, you’re not alone. Here’s how to fix the issue, so make so to follow the guide till the end. Without further ado, let’s gets started.
Also read: How to Move Photos from iCloud Photos to Google Photos
When & where the problem is occuring?
let’s say that you’ve finished updating iOS, or restored from a backup. Your device will restart automatically, and your device will go through finalize screen of update. Once done, you will be asked to connect Apple ID and iCloud account.
Bam! And the problem encounters.
What to do When My iPhone or iPad is Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
Users need to do the following:
- Make sure that your device required storage for iOS update by visiting Settings > General > Storage. Free some space if required.
- Check that server are up by visiting the System Status Site.
- Connect your device to a stable and fast internet connection via a Wi-Fi connection.
- The final step is to be patient, the process can consume a lot of time.
How to Fix iPhone or iPad is Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
- Restart your device, that’s the major thing you can perform.
- Restart your device from the backup, this method can be a lifesaver sometimes.
- Use a different Wifi network or cellular data.
- Reset your network settings by visiting Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Disable the restrictions temporarily, and check the issue has resolved.
- On the step of “Update Screen”, your device will ask you to enter Apple ID, skip the step, or setup later.
- Alternately, use iTunes to update and restore a backup.
Use Recovery Mode
If the issue still there even of update or restore the device using iTunes. Then its time to use Recovery Mode, here’s how to do that:
Step 1: Power off the device, using a lightning cable connect it to the computer which is using iTunes on the latest version.
Step 2: Open the iTunes, press the press the following buttons mentioned below:
- For iPhone 6S, iPad or iPod touch or earlier: Press and hold Home and Top or side buttons simultaneously until iTunes screen show up on the device
- For iPhone 7 and 7+: Press and hold Side and Volume down buttons simultaneously until the iTunes screen shows up on the device.
- For iPhone X, 8, 8+: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume down button. Now, press and hold the side button until the iTunes screen shows up on the device.
Step 3: Choose to select Update, when you see the message as shown in the image mentioned below.
- Your iOS device will be reinstall by iTunes without erasing your data.
- Wait until the required software are downloaded.
- If your iDevice terminates connect to iTunes screen, repeat steps 1 & 2 again.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, after OS is download and installs on your device.