Unfortunately, today’s smartphones let people call someone whenever they want – even if you are trying to leave a voicemail.
How many times have you felt that it’s not necessary to call someone to pass an important message, instead leave a voicemail?
You might be thinking, why can’t we email or text them?
But sometimes there’s a need to show your emotions and sincerity which can be reflected from your voice only.
There are various situations where you’d like to leave a voicemail for important discussions, such as pitching an elevator pitch without interruption, leave a detailed price quote, relay bad news, or any other that allows the recipient to reflect rather than respond.
In this article, we will see several methods to bypass phone conversations and leave a voicemail.
How to Call Directly on Voicemail Having the Same Carrier?
Many carriers allow their subscribers to send voicemail directly to the other person without ringing the phone. But, this can be only possible if you and the other person both are on the same carrier.
AT&T is a US-based telecom company that operates as a carrier of both fixed and mobile telephone services.
To send a voicemail to the AT&T subscriber, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you need to enter your voicemail box.
- On the main menu, press 2 and enter the 10-digit mobile number to whom you want to send your message.
- Now, record your message and press # sign.
- You can also select special delivery options, i.e, Urgent (Press 2) or Private (Press 3).
- Press # sign again to send your message.
If you want to listen to your message before you send it, then Press 1.
With over 150 locations, Verizon is one of the largest telecommunication companies in the world.
To send a voicemail to a Verizon subscriber, follow the steps below:
- Call your voicemail access number, then Press 2 to send a message.
- A window will be prompted, you have to follow the instructions as mentioned.
- You can either record your message, then enter the mobile number or vice-versa.
- Now, you need to set your delivery options – Private (Press 1), Urgent (Press 2), Request Confirmation (Press 3), Future Delivery (Press 4).
- Lastly, Press # to send the message.
How to Call Directly on Voicemail Having a Different Carrier?
If you are not using the same network, then the above carriers cannot be used, in that case, you need to use the app.
For a long time, Slydial continues to be the market leader, but it is receiving poor reviews nowadays as their service works only for a few hours in a day.
That’s why we recommend using the WhatCall, in case you are facing issues with the Slydial.
Now, we will discuss the two most popular apps for calls directly to voicemail.
Slydial helps you to connect your ll directly to voicemail, allowing you to skip the conversation over the phone. You can download and install a Slydial app on your phone (available on both PlayStore and App Store).
Slydial offers both free and paid plans, although, in the free plan, you need to listen to an ad before you make a call.
With the paid plan, you’ll receive ad-free access and you can call multiple people simultaneously. However, if you want to leave a voicemail only, then the free plan is the best fit for you.
To use Slydial’s service, you have to follow the steps below:
- Download and install the Slydial app on your smartphone.
- Once the app is installed, either sign up for a free or a paid account.
- To connect to the service, you have to dial 267-SLYDIAL from the app to your phone.
- A dialogue box will be prompted where you have to type the mobile number you want to send a voicemail.
- Now, record your message and send it.
The downside of using Slydial is the app does not work if you try to call on the landline, third-party voicemail services, VoIP numbers, or prepaid mobile phones.
WhatCall works in every country and supports almost all the networks that have a voicemail (including landline and mobile).
The best thing is you don’t need to find and add the codes before making a call. All you need to do – dial the phone number in the same local format as you use on your phone.
You can download and install the app on an Android mobile for free, but you have to pay $1.99 to use it on an iPhone.
How to Send a Call Directly to Voicemail?
Till now, we have seen how to call directly on voicemail. But, have you ever wished you could send others a call to your voicemail message.
This might seem to be impossible, but it can be done by changing the settings on your phone. You can reject the incoming calls and route them to your voicemail.
To automatically direct a particular caller to your voicemail, you need to follow the below methods depending on your phone.
- Go to your caller list and search for the contact number that you want to redirect to your voicemail.
- Go to ‘Contacts’ and on the top-right corner, click on the three-dots vertical icon.
- Select the individual contact and tap on the three-dots vertical icon.
- Choose ‘Route to voicemail’.
Without a third-party app, you cannot route individual calls to your voicemail. So, if you want to avoid calls, you need to block them.
- Open the ‘Phone’ app and go to Recents.
- Choose the caller and click on the information icon next to the caller.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Block this Caller’.
- Now, the calls from the number will be blocked.
Note: This is a handset block and not a network block, so the calls will be delivered to your phone, but you’ll not receive an alert.
To view voicemails from blocked contact numbers, navigate to Voicemail, scroll down and click on the ‘Blocked Messages’.
How to Make a Call that Goes Straight to Voicemail?
If you don’t want to use apps, then you can use a voicemail handling system that allows you to record a message and send voicemail to another person without ringing his phone.
Most of the carriers provide this facility, however, you can get started with Straight Talk.
- Dial the Straight Talk’s voicemail access number, i.e, *86.
- Enter the pin code.
- Press 2 and enter the 10-digit mobile number to whom you want to send your message.
- Now, record your message and press # sign.
We have seen various methods to send a voicemail without ringing the target phone.
Which method have you used to send a call directly to voicemail? Or, do you know any other methods for the same? Do tell us in the comment section below.