Often, we tend to forget a few of the passwords of our accounts. As we have a lot of different accounts with different credentials, however, have you ever forgotten the screen lock or the passcode to unlock your device? It can happen many times since most of the time we use biometrics to unlock our phone, it is when our phones randomly ask to enter the passcode and we can’t remember. The problem begins from here, so to recover your phone you have one of the options is to perform a factory reset, which will lead to loss of data. But you will be able to install most of the apps back from Google Play, however, the files stored in the internal storage of the device will be lost forever. Not to mention, the app data will also be lost.
So, for Android users, there are a few other ways as well through which you can reset your phone password without losing any of your important data. Below we have a curated guide for the same.
Unlock Android Device with Google Account
For iOS device people use their Apple ID to unlock their devices if they forget the password, similarly, in the Android world, people can use their Google account to unlock their Android device. Make sure you have access to your Google account only then you will be able to reset your password. There are multiple ways through which you can reset your password and get back your device’s access with the help of your Google account.
Obviously, you must have tried guessing the password of your device to unlock it, you might have noticed after several failed attempts it will show an option saying Forgot password or Forgot pattern link on the lock screen itself. Click on that link and follow the procedure to unlock your device and reset the password of your device, without the need of resetting your whole phone. For your reference, we have briefly written the steps below which you need to follow to unlock the device.
- First, you need to attempt to unlock your device several times if you haven’t already tried guessing your passwords. After multiple wrong attempts, you will get an option to click on a link that says Forgot Password or Pattern.
- Tap on the link which just popped up and then proceed to the account unlock page powered by Google.
- Here you will have to enter the Google account credentials, and it should be the same Google account that is already logged in your phone as a primary account.
However, due to some bug, many of the users have not been able to log in and get access to their phones even when entered the right credentials. We can overcome this problem by using the two-factor authentication by Google.
Unlock Android with two step-verification
Unlocking your Android phone with two-step verifications can resolve the problem mentioned above. Also, the two-step verification enhances the security of your account. Once enabled, you will receive a unique code through a voice call, text message or on Google authenticator, that code needs to be entered wherever you need verification.
As soon as you have finished setting up the two-step verification on your Google account. You can start using it to generate app-specific passwords as well, which allows third-party apps and devices to access your Google account after the authorization is complete.
Revoke Access Permissions to your Android device
You can even revoke the access permissions of your Android device with the help of your assigned Google account, to revoke the access permissions, follow the short and crisp guide written below.
- From your web browser, go to the Account Permission manager page, it should be under Google Account settings.
- Here, find the device of which you want to revoke access permissions and you want to reset the password.
- The moment you click the device, you will get an option saying Revoke Access on the right side, click on OK to confirm the action and revoke the access.
Generate Password for your Android Device
After revoking the access permissions of your Android device, you must reconnect it to your Google account. You will have to generate a new password for your Android device, only then you will be able to reconnect your device.
- First, go to the App Passwords page. You might need to enter the login credentials of your Google account to get access to the App passwords page.
- At the bottom of the screen, select any of the options or select other and enter any description that suits.
- Now, click on generate a password. It will automatically generate a 16-digit password for you and will be displayed on the screen there only.
- Go to your Android device of which you have forgotten the password, tap on forgot the password or forgot pattern link.
- Here, you must enter the 16-digit password which you just created along with that your Google login credentials.
- Now, on the App passwords page, click on Done to finish the process, and it will give you back access to your Android device.
Reset Android Password when You can’t access your Google Account
If you have locked yourself outside of your Android device and wants to get access to it we have discussed above we can do so with the help of our Google account. However, if you don’t have access to your Google account and wants to reset your Android password then you may first try to get access to your Google account by trying the Google account recovery options. If not, then you may try to verify your identity by answering some security questions related to your account which might help you in getting back your Google account.
Once you get access to your Google account, then you can easily recover your Android device associated with that account, all you must do is follow the methods written above in this post only. Alternatively, if you didn’t get access to your google account then the other method requires your phone to be rooted and the bootloader should be unlocked only then you might get through it.
Bypass Android Lock Screen Without Google Account
So, if you don’t really have access to your Google account and there is no other way through which you can recover your Google account or the password of your Android device. Then we have some other methods as well in which you can bypass the Android device lock screen without even having access to your Google account. However, it can be a bit complex and tricky so hang tight and follow the tutorial thoroughly.
Bypass Android lock Screen on Samsung Devices
If you have a Samsung Android device, then there are some tools through which you can try and unlock your device. But not all the models support this method, so you can try it. As many of the high-end flagship smartphones by Samsung comes with a built-in security chip powered by Knox which is even harder to crack. Coming to the supported device by Samsung, you must use the iSkysoft Toolbox for Android. It is a third-party desktop software tool that is available for both Mac and Windows. You need to connect your Samsung device to your computer using a USB cable. The iSkysoft toolbox also provides a plethora of different tools for backup, restore and recovery of the device and its data in critical situations like this.
Follow the guide below to work around the iSkysoft toolbox.
- Firstly, connect your Samsung device with your computer using a USB cable.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your device, it can be done from settings >> Developer’s options.
- Now install the iSkysoft Toolbox on your computer and open the tool. Find and click on the Android lock screen removal module. Here, you must wait for the Android device to be detected. There must be a popup on your Android device asking for allowance to use USB debugging on your computer, click on Allow.
- After the device is connected click on the Start button after agreeing to the TnC.
- Here you must switch your Samsung device into Download Mode. Power it off, then press and hold the Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button simultaneously, followed by pressing the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now, on your computer inside the iSkysoft tool click on the start button and proceed with the wizard and select the right recovery package.
- Once the recovery package is downloaded the software will remove the lock screen on your device without any data loss and you will be able to access your Samsung device without any passcode.
Bypass Android Lock Screen, or Google Factory Reset Protection (FRP)
If all the methods mentioned above failed and you are still stuck on your lock screen. Then you must try to reset your phone, however, that will also ask you to bypass Google Factory Reset Protection. So, here is how you can bypass Android lock screen, or Google Factory reset protection (FRP) using a third-party solution. Tenorshare’s 4ukey for Android is the way to go, as it is one of the software which is reliable and will help us in bypassing the FRP and Lock screen on our Android device.
Tenorshare 4ukey for Android is a third-party software tool that is available for both Mac and Windows PC. It is one of the most powerful tools through which you can bypass Android security.
The tool is quite easy to use and has a quite simple UI. Users can follow steps from the on-screen instructions to remove Android Lock Screen and FRP, regardless of the version and model of your Android device.
- After you have finished downloading and installing 4uKey on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable and then launch 4uKey.
- Choose the Remove Screen Lock or Remove Google Lock (FRP) option in 4uKey, which is relevant to you.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- After completion of the process, your lock screen or FRP should be removed.
4ukey is a paid tool, although it provides a free trial which can be availed when downloading from the official website, but it comes with a limited feature, so if you want all the features then you must purchase this tool.
Bypass Android Lock Screen in Recovery Mode
This is one of the most complex ways through which you can bypass the Android Lock Screen of your device. This method requires you to access the system folders like the Android folder and more. You might also need to root your device to bypass the lock screen. Below is an extensive guide through which you will be able to bypass the Android lock screen in recovery mode.
- We need some prerequisites for this method to work properly, one of them is a file manager app called Aroma File manager. Download the Aroma File manager app and then copy the file to the /sdcard location of your Android device.
- Now, you must boot your Android device into recovery mode. To go into recovery mode power off your device completely. Now, power on by holding the power button and volume down keys together for more than 10 seconds or so.
- Once you are inside the recovery of your device, navigate inside the recovery with the help of the volume up and volume down button and select click on the power button.
- Navigate to Mounts and storage from the recovery menu and then select the following options in the exact same sequence mount /system” >> “mount /data” >> “mount /efs” >> “mount /preload” >> “mount /sdcard” >> “mount /external_sd. Once you are finished mounting all of them, scroll down and select the option that says Go Back.
- Here you must install the Aroma File Manager app from the ZIP file which you have downloaded earlier. Select the Install button inside the recovery only then click on Zip from SD card and then select the zip file of Aroma file manager and then choose the install option.
- Your recovery will now install the Aroma file manager app directly from recovery itself. Now, in the app select menu >> Settings scroll down to select the option that says Automount all devices on start”. Tap on Done to save the changes. Exit the app to go back to recovery mode.
- You need to run the Aroma File manager app once more inside the recovery only. So, repeat the process and install the Aroma file manager once again. This time Aroma file manager will launch with access to all the mounted locations.
- Finally, inside the Aroma app, go to data >> system and look for the “password. Key” or “gesture. Key” file inside the folder. If you have a password lock, then the file which you are looking for will be the password. Key. If you have a pattern lock, then the file will be a gesture. Key. here you must tap and hold the file to reveal the associated options and select the Delete option.
After you have finished the deletion process, you may proceed to restart your Android device normally and the device may or may not ask for any kind of password or pattern. If it asks then yu can input any value and it will accept it, thus, bypassing the Android lock screen of your Android device without losing your data.
The above method only works in a custom Recovery like TWRP or Clockwork mod. If you have any other recovery, then the steps might be slightly different, but the method will remain the same.
Factory Reset Android Without Password
Finally, if you still can’t access your Android device despite several diverse ways to get access. then the only way left is to factory reset your Android device without a password. However, you must know that performing a factory reset to your Android device will completely wipe off your data inside your device, including the internal storage, apps, settings etc. If you are good to go then follow the quick guide on how to perform a factory reset on an Android device without a password.
- Remove if there is an SD card inside your Android device so that while wiping off the data it doesn’t wipe off the data from your SD card, if your device doesn’t have one, then proceed.
- try to take backup of your data if you can by any means, after which turn off your Android device. Now turn it on into the Recovery mode of your device. to do so, press and hold the power button and volume button together for up to 10-15 seconds. The button sequence may vary from device to device, so have research for your device on how to enter recovery.
- Once inside the recovery of your device, use the volume up and down button to navigate and use the power button to select an option.
- Navigate to the option that says Wipe data/ factory reset. Click on yes to confirm performing a factory reset of your device.
Wait for the process to complete it will hardly take a minute or two, after which you can restart your device normally. Your Android device will boot just like it boots the very first time from it of the box.
So, this was an extensive guide on how to bypass Android system passwords or Google’s FRP system. We often forget the passwords of our devices, in such a scenario’s tutorials like this come in handy, so make full use of this guide and get back access to your locked Android device.