Recently, Apple introduced a 3-month free trial of Apple Music in limited countries as a part of its marketing strategy. This caught the eye of Apple users to get Apple Music for a limited period of time. As you know, you need to put the information from your credit/debit card in order to get the subscription service.
Once the Apple music trial has ended, Apple will automatically charge you according to the monthly based subscription of Apple Music. No doubt that the service is great for your music experience. But it will take no time to change the situation into a nightmare if you don’t turn off Apple Music and its auto-renewing subscription. Here’s how you can disable the subscription completely so that it will not cost your pocket.
How To Turn Off Apple Music and Auto-Renewing Subscriptions.
How To Turn Off Auto-Renewing Subscriptions using iTunes (Mac and PC)
To turn off auto-renewing subscription using iTunes on Mac and PC, users need to do the following:
- Visit iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on your name located at the top right side.
- Now, choose to select Account Info from the drop-down (enter your Apple account password, if needed).
- Scroll down to the Settings section once, you’re on the Account Information page.
- Click on Manage located at the right side of Subscriptions.
- Turn off Auto-Renewal under Renewal Options of your Apple Membership.
Now, no need to worry about the auto-reneweing charges of Apple Music.
How To Turn Off Auto-Renewing Subscriptions using Music app (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch)
To turn off auto-renewing subscription using Music App on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, users need to do the following:
- Visit Settings > iTunes and App store.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Click on View Apple ID (enter Apple account password if needed).
- Tap on Manage, under Subscriptions.
- Now, turn off Automatic Renewal under Renewal Options for Apple Music.
These are the simplest method to turn off Apple Music and auto-renewing subscriptions. Your Apple Music subscription will get cancel automatically once the free trial is ended. If you wish to continue the service, just head towards the Account Information page and select the most suitable renewal plan from the Renewal options.
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info.