Displaying battery percentage is essentially a very vital piece of information that should be displayed throughout the time, no matter which gadget you are using be it a laptop, tablet or smartphone. These days, almost all of the devices have some sort of status bar, taskbar, where some essential information like Wi-Fi connections, Bluetooth connections etc are displayed. Some smartphones also display battery percentages. however, on a Windows laptop, there is no official way through which you can see the battery percentage from the taskbar. Sure, you can see the battery icon, which keeps on decreasing, but that is just the estimate and to know the exact percentage of the battery you will have to either go to the settings or open the quick actions menu or hover over the battery icon from the taskbar. But there are a few workarounds, through which you can get the battery percentage being displayed to you all the time from the taskbar. So, in this post we will be talking about how you can show the battery percentage in Windows 10 on the taskbar, to know the exact percentage of your laptop’s battery.
How To Show the Battery Percentage in Windows 10
The battery percentage bar should be displayed in the lower-left corner of your laptop’s screen where the taskbar is located along with other icons. if for any reason you cannot see then below is the guide through which you can fix it.
- Head to the start menu, then go to Settings.
- Now, select the personalization option and then click on the taskbar.
- Here you have to scroll down a bit and find the notification settings, and then you need to click on the select which icons appear on the taskbar option.
- In the next screen, you will see a list of apps and options with lots of toggles, you need to find the option that says power and then turn the toggle to on. the icon should appear on the taskbar instantly.
- If you still can’t see the battery icon on your taskbar, then you can click on the up icon in the taskbar and it should be there, to display it permanently you can drag the battery icon from there to the taskbar, and it will be displayed all the time.
- if the Show hidden icons didn’t work for you, then you can open the task manager and then right-click Explorer, then you need to select restart.
The above-explained method works for all versions of Windows 10 i.e. home, pro and enterprise.
How To Show the Battery Percentage on a Windows 10 Laptop?
For Windows 10 laptop users, follow through the instructions below, to show the battery percentage on the taskbar.
- First, you need to head to the start menu and then go to settings.
- Find and click on personalization, then click on Taskbar.
- Now, you need to scroll down until you find the notification settings and then find and select which icons appear on the taskbar option.
- Now, from the list of options, find the power and then toggle to on position. If the power isn’t visible then you might have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- In the search box from the Start menu, type in device manager and then launch it.
- Next, find Batteries, and under it find the name of your laptop’s battery and then right-click on it.
- Click Disable device, and then click on confirm. After a while, right-click on your battery name again and then select Enable.
- Finally, restart your laptop, and you should see the battery icon on your taskbar.
How To Show the Battery Percentage in Lenovo laptop on Windows 10
Depending on the exact model of your Lenovo laptop, and the exact version of your Windows, the instructions or the guide to enable the battery icon o the taskbar may vary. For newer Lenovo laptops, you can follow the guide written below.
- First, you will have to right-click on any area of the taskbar of your Lenovo laptop and then select Taskbar settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down until you find the Notification area and then you will have to click on Select which icon appears on the taskbar.
- them, you have to find the power from the list of options and then toggle it to on position.
- Finally, select the Turn system icons on or off and turn on the battery icon display. lastly, you have to restart your computer to see the changes.
How To Set Battery percentage notifications in Windows 10
Windows 10 has a built-in feature, that gives a warning when your battery is low, and if your computer doesn’t warn you when the battery of your laptop is running low, then you might have to turn on a few options. below is the tutorial which you may want to follow to enable the battery warning system.
- First, navigate to the start menu, type Control panel, into the search bar, then you will have to open it. Optionally, you can always use the Win+Xb keyboard shortcut to open the control panel.
- Find and click on Hardware and Sound, then click on power options.
- here you will see a list of power plans set for your device. You need to click on the change Plan settings located next to the current power plan.
- here you have to select Change Advanced Power settings. and then follow the link.
- Scroll down a bit and you should see the battery section.
- Click on the plus icon located next to the Battery.
- Set the notification to your preference, and then you can confirm by clicking Ok and restart your laptop.
How To Show Bluetooth battery Percentage on Windows 10
If you are someone who uses Bluetooth devices paired with your Windows laptop, like a Bluetooth mouse, or a Bluetooth headset, then you might want to keep an eye on the battery percentage of your Bluetooth devices. Below is a quick guide on how you can keep an eye on the Bluetooth battery from your Windows 10 laptop.
- navigate to the Start menu and then head to Settings.
- Click on devices, then find and click on Bluetooth and other devices.
- here you will see a list, and the devices that are connected to your laptop, and to the right of the name of that device, you will see the battery percentage.
Why is My Battery level Not Showing?
There could be several different reasons as to why you cannot see the battery level on your laptop. For starters, the indicator might have been disabled by mistake. In such cases, you can head to other settings and then enable it, as mentioned in the above guide. If your laptop is very old, then the issue could be with the battery health of your laptop, and you might want to get it checked. You can check that on your own as well, by going to the Device Manager and then select the Scan for hardware change option.
Navigate to the Batteries section and then make sure that the Microsoft AC Adapter and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery options are there, as these are the ones that manage the power system of your laptop, and check now, if the power level icon is visible now. if nothing helps, you might want to update the drivers of the battery through the device manager.
How Do I Show battery Percentage on Windows 10 Bluetooth?
To check the percentage of the Bluetooth device that is connected to your Windows 10 laptop, you can go to the Devices option in the settings and then head to the Bluetooth and other devices to view the list of devices that are connected to your laptop, and to the right of the name of the device that is connected you can see the battery percentage.
Why is the Battery icon not showing in Windows 10?
The battery icon which isn’t showing might be very annoying for many users since people tend to keep an eye on the battery level of their laptop all the time. If for some reason, the battery level isn’t displayed to you on your Windows 10 laptop, you will have to navigate to the settings each time you want to check it, which is an unnecessary hassle and time-consuming. However, we have a quick guide below through which you can quickly get back the battery icon to your taskbar through which you can check the battery percentage anytime you want to.
- head to the Start menu, then go to settings.
- Now, select the personalization option and then click on the taskbar option.
- Scroll down until you reach the notification settings and then find the select which icons appear in the taskbar option.
- Finally, from the list find the power option, and then turn the toggle to On position. that’s it, the icon should appear right at the moment.
- If you still can’t see the icon on your taskbar then click the arrow icon on your taskbar to show hidden icons, and click on the battery icon.
How do I Check My battery on Windows 10?
To check the battery level and the detailed usage of your Windows 10 laptop, you need to head to the battery settings of your computer, or if you want to quickly have a glance at the battery percentage then you can simply hover your cursor to the battery icon from the taskbar and it should do the job.
Never Miss Low battery level
With this, we have given detailed information about how you can keep an eye on the battery level of your windows 10 laptop. Also, we have written a quick guide about how to enable the low battery warnings, with which you won’t ever miss the low battery alarms, and can plug your laptop for a charge on time. You can also tweak the battery warning notifications as per your need from the control panel of your laptop. On laptops, you should keep on updating your drivers from time to time from the device manager this will avoid any issues that may interfere with your work.