- Open AirPods charging case > Press and hold the button on the AirPods charging case until the light starts to flash in white.
- On your HP laptop, Click Action Center button on Windows taskbar > Right-click Bluetooth > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth > Wait for your device to show up in the list of devices > Select the AirPods.
Undoubtedly Apple’s AirPods are one of the best wireless earphones. If you are having HP’s Windows laptop alongside your AirPods and haven’t been able to figure out how to pair them, well this article will help you in connecting your AirPods to an HP laptop.
Apple’s AirPods also support multi-device connection, which means you can keep your AirPods connected to your iPhone as well as your HP laptop simultaneously and you can switch between the two devices whenever you need to.
How to Connect AirPods to an HP Laptop
All the wireless earphones usually connect over Bluetooth and AirPods are no exception. So, to connect them to an HP laptop you will have to turn on the Bluetooth of the HP laptop and put the AirPods in pairing mode, that’s it.
Once you have successfully paired your AirPods, the next time it will connect to your HP laptop automatically whenever both of them are in range.
Below we have a tutorial on how to connect your AirPods to your HP laptop.
- On your HP Laptop running Windows, head to the Action Center Button from the taskbar, you can alternatively press the keyboard shortcut (Windows Key + A) to open the action centre.
- In the Action centre, you will see the Bluetooth icon, right click on it and select Bluetooth settings to open the settings for Bluetooth.
- Make sure to switch the toggle to the on position to turn on Bluetooth.
- Now, click on the + button to add a new Bluetooth device.
- On the next screen click on Bluetooth.
- Make sure your AirPods case is opened and then press and hold the pair button which is located at the bottom of the case of the AirPods.
- Once the AirPods will enter the pairing mode, the light on the case will start to flash.
- On your HP laptop, you will see a list of devices that are discoverable around the laptop, from that list click on your AirPods.
- Wait for your AirPods to pair with your laptop, it should take less than a minute.
How To Use AirPods with an HP Laptop
On HP laptops you will have to change the audio output of the laptop to be able to listen to music from the AirPods.
So, if you want to use your AirPods to listen to music or watch any movie or join any video call, you might need to switch the audio output to AirPods.
Usually, in the latest laptops, the switch happens seamlessly, but for some reason, if your laptop isn’t switching the output then you can do it manually as well.
Usually, Windows laptops come with audio drivers from Realtek. These HP laptops will show speaker/ Headphone options to choose from.
Below we have a quick tutorial on how to use AirPods with your HP Laptop.
- Wear your AirPods and make sure it is connected to your HP Laptop.
- Now, click on the speaker icon on your taskbar to change the output of your laptop.
- From the dropdown menu click on the headphones option (AirPods stereo).
- That’s it, the audio should be routed to your AirPods and you will be able to take calls or listen to music from your HP laptop while it is connected to your AirPods.
AirPods and HP Laptop Connectivity Issue?
If you are having trouble connecting your AirPods to your HP laptop, then it could be due to several different reasons, below we have written some of the most common problems and their solutions.
- Bluetooth Not Enabled- Often Bluetooth is turned off on its own in a lot of devices, while at times we forget to turn it on. So, you can try turning on Bluetooth on your laptop and if the toggle is already turned on, you can always try to quickly turn it off and then on again. Make sure in the process the case of the AirPods is shut and the AirPods are inside it. After that, open the case, put on the AirPods and then check if it is connected or not.
- Bluetooth Driver Out of date: Most of the hardware devices on windows laptop require a driver to run properly, and if the driver isn’t properly installed the hardware can malfunction. You need to make sure that you are running on the latest version of Bluetooth driver, if not then you will have to install it.
- AirPods not in Pairing mode- Make sure that the white light on the case of your AirPods is flashing otherwise it isn’t in pairing mode. Once you have set the AirPods in pairing mode, you can try again to connect it with your laptop.
- AirPods Connected but not enabled- Last but not least, your AirPods might be connected to your laptop but the audio output of your laptop might be different. You need to change the audio output of your laptop so that you can listen to the audio on your AirPods. You can change it from the sound control panel and set headphones (AirPods) as your default audio output device.
So, this was a quick tutorial on how to connect AirPods to an HP Laptop. We hope to help you in solving your issues of AirPods not being able to connect to your HP laptop.