If the Vizio Smartcast is not working or not available, there could be several reasons behind it. Perhaps, there are technical issues with your television that is preventing you from streaming/mirroring contents. Sometimes, this happens when there are errors in configuration on your network and other times, it could be because of a possible software glitch.
Irrespective of the error that caused the issue on your Vizio Smartcast TV, there are several ways to diagnose and fix them. Checkout the possible solutions below.
Restart the TV
This may sound trivial but this is the first solution I would recommend giving a shot. It is very simple:
- Unplug TV from power source.
- While unplugged, press and hold the power button for a full one minute.
- Now, plug the TV in the power source.
- Switch on the TV.
Check if this has resolved the issue.
Check your Internet Connection
Check if you have any problems with your internet connection. I recommend doing a speed test to see if you are getting proper speeds because, poor speeds may cause issue while mirroring the screen. If you are facing issues with your network, try connecting the TV directly to the modem.
Update System Firmware
Make sure you have the latest firmware version on your Vizio Smartcast. There has been multiple updates in recent times and it is a good idea to always keep your device up to date. Updates often come with potential bug fixes, so do not miss out on them.
- Make sure your TV is connected to a network.
- Go to Settings > Systems.
- Select Check for System Updates
- Install the updates if any.
After the installation, the TV will restart automatically. Check if the problem still persists.
Change Your DHCP Setting
Changing the DHCP setting of your network will assign different IP addresses to all your devices. This might sometimes help preventing the error.
- Turn off your TV.
- On your computer > open any browser of your choice and type in your router’s URL.
- Login with your credentials.
- Go to the Settings and look for the DHCP settings under Advanced or Network settings.
- If it is disabled, simply enable it. If it is already enabled, disable it and re-enable again.
- Saving your settings and exit.
Turn on your TV and see if the problem persists.
Factory Reset Your Vizio SmartCast TV
If everything else fails, this is your last resort.
This will complete wipe out any custom settings that you have on your TV. We recommend taking pictures of the any custom settings/options before proceeding. This way you can easily configure the settings again when needed.
Using TV Menu:
- Press the Menu button, and click System.
- Go to Reset & Admin and choose Reset TV to Factory Settings.
Using TV buttons:
- Press both the Input and Volume Down buttons for at least 5 seconds until a bar appears on your TV.
- Again, press the Input button for at least 5 seconds until your TV screen turns off.
- Turn on your TV and follow the reset procedure.
If you are still unable to get the issue resolved, please contact Vizio support for further help.