OxygenOS on OnePlus devices comes with quite a bit of custom apps – such as Gallery, Phone, Dialer, Calculator, etc. But with the new direction they are taking at OnePlus, they have decided to use the Google offerings of certain apps instead of making and maintaining their own. One of such apps is the OnePlus OxygenOS Dialer.
If you miss the OnePlus Dialer on your OnePlus 8T, well, there is now a way to get back it on OnePlus 8T – with a working native Call Recording Option!
What you need:
Here are a few things you need to take care of a few things before getting to the tutorial:
- An OnePlus 8T rooted with Magisk. No root? Follow this guide to root your OnePlus 8T.
- OnePlus Apps Magisk Module
Steps to Install OnePlus Dialer on OnePlus 8T
Step 1. Download the OnePlus Apps Magisk Module and copy it to your device.
Step 2. Open Magisk Manager and flash the downloaded Magisk Module.
Step 3. Once you initiate the flashing process, you will be prompted with options to choose the apps you want to install. Available apps: Contacts, Dialer, and Messaging.
You can use the volume keys to feed in your choices. Volume up for Yes and Volume Down for No.
Step 4. Reboot your device.
Step 5. Set the newly installed apps as the default apps. To do this, go to: Settings > Apps and notifications > Default apps.
Step 6. Clear the cache for the newly installed apps before using them. Go to: Settings > Apps and notifications > Tap on ‘SEE ALL APPS‘ > Find the app in the list > Storage & cache > Clear cache.
That’s it. You are golden.
Few things to keep in mind:
- You do not have to disable this module while installing OTA.
- Do NOT disable Magisk. If you do, these apps will stop working or worse, may get removed from the phone.
- You can view and manage call recordings and it’s settings in the dialer app. Refer below screenshot.