Some of you might remember the short horror film from 2011 called Take This Lollipop. One of the greatest horror movies of all time, the movie reflected a subtle message about how freely we have been giving away our privacy to the internet.
At present, after 11 years the scenario is even worse. Take This Lollipop now has even deeper meanings, as privacy in 2022 has become a myth.
What is Take This Lollipop Game
Take This Lollipop is a social media-based game that uses your webcam to give users an interface that is similar to a Zoom call. It isn’t linked to Zoom in any way. Users aren’t actually on any zoom call users don’t even need to install or have the zoom app on their devices to play the game.
However, the game uses an interface similar to zoom calls because most of us have been using these video conferencing apps to attend meetings or classes for the past two years. Users will be on a zoom call along with 3 other participants but things aren’t as normal as it seems.
Take This Lollipop game uses a pre-recorded virtual horror scene to give you another horror experience that will break the fourth wall.
The game is not only designed for entertainment purposes but also to give lessons as to how vulnerable we are to the ongoing deep fakes, voice/ text AI and identity thefts. The game also uses AI to create deep fakes and the video from your webcam to put words in your mouth without you even speaking them.
The main motto of the game is to show how easy it is to deepfakes videos in this modern era. Not only that, but the developers also show how difficult it has become to distinguish between the truth and the deep fakes on the internet.
How To Play Take This Lollipop
- To start playing this fascinating yet horror game, you need to go to the website
takethislollipop.com. Then click on the lollipop to continue.
- Click on the + icon to start the game.
- The game will ask you to enable your webcam. You can click on the + icon again.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the top corner of the screen from the browser which will ask permission to use the camera of your computer. Click on Allow to give permission to access the webcam.
- It will take a few minutes to establish the connection. Once you are in, then you don’t need to do anything, just play along with the storyline and enjoy the game.
The game Take this Lollipop is a fun horror yet lesson teaching game that is built for both entertainment as well as teaching purposes. You can recommend it to your friends and families who don’t have much idea about privacy on the internet, they might learn something from the game. The game delivers a powerful message that lives everlasting in our memories.