Apple Music is one of the most famous music streaming app. Especially amongst the iPhone and Apple users. Most people either use Spotify or Apple Music. Recently, Apple Music has also started providing lossless audio and spatial audio for those who are having Apple Music subscriptions. Apple has even launched the app for Android devices as well. Apple usually gives a few months of free trial for first-time users. So, if you want to try the Apple Music service for free, you can try the trial version. But you need to discontinue the subscription before the trial period is over, otherwise, it will automatically deduct the amount from your credit card and the subscription will be renewed for a month or so.
So, in this post, we will be discussing how to cancel the subscription of Apple Music service from Mac, PC and other iOS devices.
See also: How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto-Renewing Subscriptions
Turn Off Auto Renewal of Apple Music Subscription
As discussed earlier, Apple gives a free trial of their Apple Music Subscription for 3 months, and it will automatically charge for the next period of time from your credit card. If you don’t want to pay or renew for the next period of time, you need to turn off the auto-renewal of the subscription service from your account.
Turn off Auto Renewal using iTunes (Mac and PC)
So, to turn off the auto-renewal of Apple Music subscription using the iTunes below we have the guide follow through it properly.
- First, you need to open iTunes on your Mac and Pc and then log in to iTunes with the same Apple account from which you have the subscription.
- Now, click on your name located at the top right side of the screen. Choose the account info from the drop-down menu. You might need to enter Apple ID credentials.
- Now, on the account information page, scroll down to the settings section and then you need to click on manage on the right side of the subscriptions page.
- Here you will find the option that says turn off auto-renewal under renewal options of your Apple Music membership.
That’s it you will no longer be charged for the subscriptions after the trial period is over for the period which you have paid already.
Turn Off Auto-Renewal using Music app (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch)
So, if you have an iOS device like an iPhone, iPod or iPad and you need to cancel the Apple Music subscription then below we have the guide on how to cancel the subscription of Apple music using the iOS device.
- First, you need to get the settings >> iTunes and App Store.
- Now tap on your Apple ID, if you are not signed in with the Apple ID, you need to first log in with the Apple ID and password then only you will be able to cancel the subscription.
- here, tap on the Manage, under subscriptions.
- Finally, you will see an option to turn off auto-renewal under renewal options for Apple Music Membership.
You have successfully cancelled the subscription of Apple Music for your Apple ID.
Unsubscribe from Apple Music
After you have successfully turned off the auto-renewal option under the subscriptions for Apple Music Membership, the Apple Music subscription will be cancelled once the trial period is over or if you have paid for a month or so then it will automatically be cancelled after that. You can also resume your subscription anytime, by going to the account information page and then you can choose any of the plans available that suits you. Apple Music also has some special student discounts, so if you are a student all you need to do is verify yourself as a student and get Apple music subscription for a discounted price.
You might also like: Guide To Fix Apple Music Not Working Issue on iPhone/iPad