The video format is somewhat making media experience limited when it comes to iPhone or iPad. Suppose you have downloaded a movie on your iDevice, but you can’t play it due to a lack of video format support. If a particular video is available in MKV or AVI format (which is not supported on iPhone and iPad), you need to convert the video to the supported format in order to view it.
The alternate way to cut off the lengthy process is to play video using third-party apps. Also, if you are looking for the best video player app that supports all formats on iPhone or iPad. This article is specially made for you, we have covered apps that supports almost all video format on iPad and iPhone.
Make sure to read the article till the end, and pick up the one which suits you including features and function so that there will be no hindrance in media experience.
VLC Media Player for iPad and iPad
The VLC media player is a well-known media player that supports almost all video formats for iPad and iPhone. Besides this, the VLC media player is available to download on all platforms such as Windows, Mac, Android, iPad, and iPhone.
You can watch any movie or video, or even play music without any conversion. The VLC media player is free to use and best for streaming videos, music, and more.
- Allows to download subtitles from the internet right onto your device.
- You can have more control to play video such as multi-track audio, playback speed control, or taking screenshots in the video.
- Have option to sync with Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud, and Dropbox, iTunes.
- Wi-Fi sharing is possible.
- You can also stream from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media server including web.
PlayerXtreme Media Player
PlayerXtreme is one of the best media players available for iPad and iPhone. Just like VLC, it does have advanced video playback capabilities with more features and functions. On the other side, it can not only organize your videos but also can play videos of almost all types of formats.
The app is free to use but you can have a premium plan that unlocks some pro features. If your intention is to play videos only, I recommend you to use the free version, else you can go with the pro version.
- You can raise the volume more than 2 times than the original sound for best media experience possible.
- HD playbacks for all videos format is supported in 1080p.
- Supports SRT for subtitles in all languages.
- Network streams like HLS, MMS, and RTSP is playable.
Infuse 7 Video Player
Mind you, infuse 7 was previously known as Infuse 3. What I like about this app is that it’s simple to use and provides better features. You can play videos of all formats on iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, and Mac without file conversion.
Infuse 7 is free to use completely, but if you want to get Infuse Pro (which is an optional subscription) you can use a free trial and later decided to have it on your device. The older version (Infuse 3) was lacking Adaptive-Sync which was added in the new version of the app. Ratings and reviews are best, infuse 7 is good to have on your device.
- Have simple layout, which make users easy to understand.
- Enjoy videos with enhanced mobile surround sound, powered by Dolby and DTS.
- Play a wider range of video formats such as MKV, MP4, MTS, AVI, and many others.
- Video attachments from Dropbox, Google Drive, iTunes, emails are possible.
- You can stream videos with Airplay & Google Cast (Available in Infuse Pro)
KMPlayer will enhance your media experience if you use it as your regular video player. It can even create your own playlists of your favorite movies. You can have more control over the video with the help of features such as a timer, quick buttons, equalizer, search, etc.
KMPlayer has added new features including network play, and cloud play which gives more reasons to use KMPlayer as your video player. It is available to download for iPhone, iPad, Windows, Google Play Store.
- Simple UI to make easy access for users.
- Supports all video formats.
- Supports Network service like KMP Connect, Google Drive, FTP, Dropbox, etc.
- Supports gesture functions for speed video playback and volume adjustments.
AirPlayit helps to stream video, audio, etc. on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android. It also supports remote connection over local/remote Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G. Now they have added Apple TV supports which makes the player more convenient to use.
Despite providing multiple support in video format, conversion is also possible in case there’s any need for it. What I only don’t like is the old-style UI, but you are looking for a simple video player to use, UI is possible.
- Supports personal audio and video cloud.
- Supports playing DRM protected videos downloaded from iTunes Store.
- Adjust video/audio quality and resolution for each video individually.
- Option to remotely power off your computer after finishing watching.
- Support streaming all 1080P/1080i/720 HD videos (4K/8K, 3D Blu ray videos, 360-degree VR videos) om iPhone and iPad.
All apps mentioned above are the best video players for iPad and iPhone. These apps are third-party but do provide all video formats without any conversion. According to my personal opinion, the VLC media player is best works best for me and available on all valid platforms.
I don’t like the VLC media player; you can go with Infuse 7 as it provides a wider range of features and functions to enhance your media experience.
That’s it for now, hope this helps! Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. Till then stay tuned for more info.