Every Apple account comes with an iCloud of 5 GB for free where you can store anything you want like photos, videos, music etc. However, if your iPhone is showing you an error iCloud and iMessage accounts do not match.
Due to this error, your iMessage might not be working properly. Usually, this happens when you have logged in multiple Apple IDs on your phone and by chance, you start to use different Apple IDs for iCloud and iMessage.
If you are facing such a type of issue with your iPhones, then we have got you covered and you can follow the troubleshooting methods below to fix your problem.
On the other hand, we will suggest that before you start any troubleshooting steps wait for at least 24 hours because it can be a temporary issue from Apple’s server-side. most of the users who got this error were the ones who updated their phones recently.
In case the problem persists even after 24 hours, then you can start the troubleshooting steps through which you can easily verify and fix the problem.
- On your iPhone go to the settings app. Tap on your name card located at the top of the screen which should open your Apple ID card.
- Inside the Apple ID screen, you can verify the Apple ID and its email address which should be written underneath your name.
- Navigate to the settings again and then scroll down until you find Messages, tap on it.
- Next, you need to tap on Send and Recieve option to further verify the iMessage settings. On that screen, you will be able to see the Apple ID which is used for iMessage.
- You need to make sure that the Apple ID which is being used is the same one that is used for your iCloud account. If it isn’t the same, then you will have to sign out and then sign in with the same account used for iCloud.
- To sign out, you can tap on your Apple ID inside the iMessage settings screen.
- A new pop-up window should appear on the screen with some options. Tap on the Sign Out button to successfully log out of your current iMessage Apple ID.
- Once you have successfully signed out, instead of your Apple ID on the screen. You will be able to see an option that says Use your Apple ID for iMessage, tap on it.
- A confirmation prompt will appear on your screen, tap on Sign In and you will be signed using the same Apple ID the one you are using for iCloud.
So, this was a quick tutorial on how you can fix the error of using the Name and Photos sharing feature on iMessage or Messages in iCloud not available.
It is most probably because you are using a different Apple ID for iCloud and a different ID for iMessage.
Anyone who has logged in multiple Apple IDs on their iPhones can experience such issues. However, fixing them is also very easy.