Often, we import iPhones from different countries and regions because of the price difference, or sometimes we even change countries.
But our iPhones and iPads work according to the region or country from where they were purchased. That means that the App store will show apps and games of that specific region or country.
You will have to manually change the country and region of your iPhone’s App store if you are not able to find a particular app in your app store, while other people around you do have access to the same app from the app store.
So, to change the country of the App store of your iPhone or the iPad, you need to follow through the tutorial below.
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone or iPad.
- Head to iTunes and App Store section.
- Find and tap on your Apple ID.
- If prompted you might need to authenticate using the Apple ID password or the touch ID.
- Inside, you can find the country/Region option, tap on it.
- Tap on Change the Country or Region.
- From the list, choose the new country or region that you want to set for your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on Next.
- Enter your new payment details which should be local to the new country.
- Enter your new billing address of that same country.
- Finally, tap on next.
It will take a few minutes to process, after which your iPhone or the iPad will be set up in your new country and will be ready to download apps and games from the app store.
You should not do this pretty often, and it is advised that you change country or region only if you are moving to a different country for a very long period. If you are going to a different country only for travelling or vacation, then in that case you don’t need to change the country of your iPhone.
How To Switch between multiple iTunes or App Store countries
There are certain apps, games or movies that are regionally locked and can only be accessed by iPhones or iPads that have logged into the app store with that specific region or country.
So, if you want to go to the US store or any other regional store to download an app, or a game that isn’t available in your country, then you can follow through the tutorial below.
- First, you will have to log out of your current regional iTunes and App Store from your iPhone.
- Once you have successfully logged out, launch the App Store from your home screen.
- Tap on the Apple ID located at the bottom of the app Store.
- Tap on Sign out, and it should log you out of the App Store.
Now, you have to change the region and the country of your iPhone or the iPad. After which you will be able to login to the App store again, with the different region.
- Open the Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Inside General, tap on Language and Region located at the bottom.
- Click on Region.
- Inside the Region section, tick the new country you want to access the content from.
Once you have checked the country, you will have to create a new account for the new store that you want to access. Also, make sure that the app which you want to download is a free app. network TV apps are the easiest to target, so we can choose Amazon Prime or Hulu one of the major streaming services as an example that is available worldwide.
- So, go to Amazon Prime or Hulu listing on the App store of your iPhone or the iPad.
- In case it is stuck in the old region, you need to tap on the change store.
- Next, go to the Hulu listing on the App store again.
- Click on Get.
- Next, you need to click on Install.
- From the options tap on Create new Apple ID.
- Check on the country for which you want to access the app store if it isn’t already checked.
- Fill in all of the details that are required to create an Apple ID.
- For the billing section, you need to tap on None. With this, you will be able to get access to the free apps of the App Store, but if you want a paid app then you will have to fill in the billing details of that specific region or country for which you are creating the Apple ID.
- Finally, launch the mail to verify the email address that you have used for the Apple account that you created just now.
Finally, download the app that you wanted to download for that specific region.
- Now, search for the app that you need to download from the app store.
- Tap on get.
- Tap on install.
- Login to your new iTunes account which is of a different region or country that we have created just now.
- You may have to repeat the get and install steps to get the apps to your iPhone or the iPad.
That’s it, now you should see the apps being downloaded to your iPhone or the iPad that aren’t available in your region. From now onwards, you will be able to switch the stores with a simple touch. All you have to do is log in to the app store or iTunes with different regional Apple Id accounts. You can also tap on your favourite region exclusive app to high-tail it back into the proper store,
Problems in changing the region of the App store of your iPhone
One of the biggest issues in changing the app store region is that you will have to enter valid billing information for that specific country to download a paid version of the app. Not only that but you might be also asked to enter a valid payment card of that specific region, for instance, you simply cannot enter an Indian credit card into your American apple Id, you will have to enter the American bank’s cards to proceed.
Another major problem is if you have purchased an app from your local account, and it isn’t downloaded on your iPhone. So, if you change the region of your app store, you won’t be able to access the apps that you have purchased but arent downloaded. However, the apps that are already downloaded will receive the latest updates. To access the purchase from the app store from a specific region you will have to switch the region of the app store again.