We all know how cool Discord is when it comes to communicating with friends on the platform. It has some cool nifty features, and you can always discover some hidden features of the popular chat app as well. Their approach of creating a server and several different channels. Recently, one such cool feature through which we came across is that now we can even connect Spotify to Discord and stream music with our friends who are hanging around in our discord channels. For that, all you have to do is integrate Spotify with discord and that’s it you are good to go.
Without any further ado, let us begin with the guide on how you can connect Discord and Spotify to stream music on your channels, using different devices like PC, Mac, iPhone and Android. In addition to that, we will also be discussing how you can invite friends to listen, and installing a bot for the same including how to listen to Spotify without an internet connection.
How To Connect Discord to Spotify on PC?
The very basic step would be to download the Discord app on your PC if you don’t have it already. Once you have finished downloading and installing the app you may proceed with the guide below to connect Spotify and Discord successfully.
- After you have finished installing the Discord app on your PC, open it and then log in with your Discord credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged into your Discord account, head to the User Settings.
- Now, go to the Connections option inside the settings of Discord.
- Inside the connections tab, you will see several different icons, with which you can connect Discord, you need to find the Spotify icon and then click on it.
- Once you have clicked on the Spotify icon, you will be redirected to the Spotify web page and you might be asked to enter the Spotify login credentials.
- Return to connections once you have entered the Spotify credentials and clicked on confirm. You will see your Spotify username inside the connections tab in the Discord app.
That’s it, you have successfully integrated Spotify and discord, and now you can stream your favourite Spotify playlist inside the channels when you are having a voice conversation on Discord with friends.
Do note that inside the Connections tab, you will have to choose whether you want others to see what you are listening to or you want to keep it hidden.
How To Connect Discord To Spotify on Mac?
If you’re using a computer that is running macOS, then the process is most likely the same which we followed in the above tutorial. You need to download Discord for Mac instead of Windows and then follow through with the tutorial below.
- Head to the Discord download page and then click on download discord for mac.
- install the Discord app on your Mac.
- Once you have finished installing the discord app on your Mac, you need to open the discord app and then enter the login credentials of your Discord account.
- After you have logged in to your Discord account, head to the user settings of the app.
- Find and then click on the Connections tab located at the left window pane.
- Here you need to find and then click on the Spotify icon amongst the other different icons with which you can connect your Discord account.
- As soon as you click on the Spotify icon, you will be redirected to Spotify’s login page and will be asked to enter the login credentials of Spotify, to connect to your Discord.
- Now, return to Connections inside the Discord app and you will be able to see your Spotify username under the Spotify icon.
You have successfully connected your Discord account to your Spotify and you can start streaming Spotify songs on your discord channels with your friends. All of this can be done using your mac computer.
Also do note that in the “Connections” section, you can choose whether or not you want other users to see your Spotify activity.
How To Connect Discord To Spotify on iPhone?
For iPhone users, connecting Discord and Spotify could be a bit different than the procedure we follow for the computers. As the apps are different and the overall Ui is different, but the result would be the same. To begin with, you need to make sure your iPhone has the Discord app installed on your phone, if not then you can click on this link to download the Discord app for your iPhone. Once, you have downloaded you can proceed with the below tutorial to connect Spotify with your Discord.
- After you have finished installing the discord app on your iPhone, open the app and then enter your credentials to log in to your Discord account.
- Once, you have logged in to your discord account, tap on the three horizontal lines located at the top left corner of the screen. You can also swipe your finger from left to right to open the hamburger menu.
- From the menu, find and click on the profile image of your account, usually, it is at the bottom of the hamburger menu.
- Now, go to Connections.
- Click on the Add button from the top right corner of your screen inside the connections settings.
- Now, from the pop-up menu with the list of several different app icons, find the Spotify icon and tap on it.
- As soon as you click on the Spotify app, you will be redirected to the Spotify login page, where you will be asked to log in to the Spotify account by entering your login credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged in to the Spotify account, you need to click on Done from the top left corner of the screen.
That’s it you have successfully connected your Spotify account to the discord using your iPhone. You may proceed with your streaming songs plan with your discord friends on your channel.
In the connections section, you can also set the option whether you want others to see about which song you are listening to on Spotify or you want to keep it hidden.
How To Connect Discord to Spotify on Android?
For Android users the process is pretty simple, you just have to make sure that before you proceed with the guide you have the Discord app installed already, if not then you can download the Discord app for your Android device from here. Follow through the tutorial to connect your Discord to Spotify using your Android device.
- After you have successfully downloaded and installed the discord app on your Android device, open the app and then enter your credentials to log in to your Discord account on which you want to connect your Spotify.
- Once inside the app with your account, tap on the three horizontal lines located at the top left corner of the screen.
- It should open a new hamburger menu with a list of members, servers, channels and more. At the bottom you should see your account image, you need to click on it.
- After that, find and click on the Connections on the next screen.
- Inside the connections option, you need to click on the Add button located at the top right corner.
- From the list of different icons, find and tap on the Spotify icon.
- Next, you will be redirected to the Spotify login screen where you will have to enter the credentials of your Spotify account so that you will be able to log in to your Spotify account.
- After entering the credentials and logging in to the Spotify account, click on the small x button from the top left corner of the screen.
Now, you have successfully connected your Spotify to your Discord and can start streaming your Spotify playlists on discord with your friends on voice chat.
Keep in mind that in the “Connections” section, you can change the settings so that other users can’t see your Spotify activity.
How To Connect Discord Bot to Spotify?
As you all know Discord has a lot of different bots, some bots can be integrated on your Discord to work with Spotify playlists. The bot is named botify. You can use this bot on your Discord server as well, but you have to download the bot first.
- Head to the download link of the botify.
- You need to click on the invite button.
- Then you will be asked to log in to your Discord account using your credentials.
- In the next step, you will be asked to choose the server to which you want to connect your botify bot, after selecting the server click on continue.
- Botify will ask for some permissions, it is safe to grant the permissions, so whichever permissions botify asks you can authorize it.
That’s all botify is now successfully integrated into your Discord server and you can use the bot the way you want to.
How To Connect Another Spotify Account to Discord?
If you have multiple Spotify account, or if you want to connect your friend’s Spotify account to your discord, then you will have to disconnect the existing account first. Discord doesn’t support multiple accounts of a single app like Spotify. Also, before you proceed make sure that you are currently logged in to the Spotify account which you want to connect to your Discord.
- Open the Discord app on your device.
- Head to the user settings of the discord app.
- Find and then click on the Connections option inside the settings of Discord.
- On the next screen, you will see the Spotify account which is already connected to your Discord.
- Click on the small x, located at the right side of the Spotify account name.
- In the new dialogue box that appeared, click on disconnect.
- Now, again click on the Spotify icon, from the list of different apps that Discord gives an option for connectivity.
- You will be redirected to the Spotify webpage, where you will be asked to log in to the Spotify account which you want to connect to discord, so to login you will have to enter the credentials of your Spotify account.
- Now, after you have successfully logged in, you need to go back to the Connections tab in the Discord app and then you will see the new Spotify username and account being integrated into your Discord.
Do keep in mind that, Discord only allows one Spotify account to be connected at a time, to connect another account you will have to first disconnect the current Spotify account.
How To Invite Your Friends to listen on Discord?
Once you have successfully connected your Spotify account to your Discord, you will be able to stream songs and music on your discord server and channels from Spotify. So, all you need to do is send an invite to your friends with whom you want to listen to Spotify songs from your account. Below is a quick guide for the same.
- Ensure that Spotify is running.
- head to the channel wherever you want to stream your Spotify music and then click on the + button in the text box.
- Click on Invite #Channel to listen to Spotify.
- Add any extra comment if you want to add as it is optional, and then click on Send Invite.
All of the Channel members will get the invite and will start to accept the invite as per their mood and plans.
Keep in mind that, your friends should also have Spotify Premium, to join your music stream, otherwise they won’t be able to join your stream to listen to your music with you.
Why Can’t I Listen to Spotify While On Discord?
There could be several different reasons due to which you aren’t able to stream Spotify songs on your Discord. We have mentioned a few of them which should fix your issues.
- If your friend is streaming music on Spotify and you are joining him to listen to a song without having Spotify premium, then you won’t be able to use Spotify on discord, as it needs to have a Spotify premium account for everyone who joins the stream.
- On the other hand, if you are playing a game and you are also connected to Discord, then at that moment, Spotify streaming is blocked, and will only be unlocked once you exit the game.
- When you are on call on Discord, it mutes Spotify. You can turn this setting off, by going to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications. Then, check the “Do nothing” option.
- Finally, if you are connected to your Spotify account which is logged in to multiple different devices, then you need to go to the one that is currently connected to the same device as your Discoe and then play a song. For instance, if you are using Discord on a desktop, then play a song on the Spotify desktop app.
Does Spotify Work Without Internet?
Yes, Spotify can work without the internet, but for that, you will have to select and download a playlist or an album beforehand, when you have the internet connection.
To download music on the Spotify Desktop app, you can follow the below tutorial.
- Open the Spotify app on your desktop
- Now, in the left vertical bar, you have to go to the playlist that you want to listen to offline.
- Right in front of you, you will see the download button, click on it, and then Spotify will start to download music for you.
Once the downloading is finished, you will it as Downloaded which indicates that the downloading of playlists or songs have been completed.
To download music on Spotify mobile app, you can follow the below tutorial.
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile device.
- Now, click on the Your Library button which is located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Here you will see the download button, click on it to start downloading the songs offline.
That’s it Spotify will save all of the songs from your library for offline playback.
How Do You Listen To Spotify on Your Computer?
If you want to listen to songs on Spotify on your computer, well there are two methods through which you can do that, first one is to download the Spotify app from the store and then listen to music, if not then you can simply open the browser and go to Spotify’s website an then login to your account to listen to music.
To listen to Spotify songs on your computer using an app below is the tutorial you would like to follow.
- First, go to the Spotify download page.
- Click on Download.
- As soon as the download is finished and the app is installed, run the Spotify app.
- That’s it you will have to log in to your Spotify account and then you can start streaming songs.
Listen to Spotify on your computer using a browser.
- Head to the website of Spotify.
- From the top right corner click on the login button.
- Enter your Spotify login credentials and then log in to your Spotify account.
- Once you have logged in, click on the Spotify logo which is located at the top left corner of the page.
- Click Open Web Player.
That’s it you are good to go and now you can start streaming Spotify songs on your computer using the browser.
Connecting Spotify to Discord
So this was an extensive guide on different ways through which you can connect Spotify to discord. Using discord and Spotify integration you and your friends will be able to listen to music in the background while having a chit chat on the discord voice channels. This would be pretty awesome and useful when you are hanging out with your friends on Discord chat.
Apart from that, we have also discussed in this article how you can listen to songs on Spotify even without the internet.