As we can see, the phone has become the most important part of our life. Whether we’re at the office or traveling from place to place, we need a phone. At the same time, it is important to fuel the phone by charging.
A copious amount of users have reported multiple issues regarding charging the iPhone. For some users, iPhone won’t charge, for some users it charges occasionally. Also, iPhone users have encountered authentic cable messages on their iDevice.
If you’re facing the same issue, we got you all covered up. Here’s everything you should know about how to fix iPhone not charging issue or lightning port issue. Without further delay, let’s get started.
Faulty Or Third-party Cable
It might possible that your lightning cable might be faulty. Sometimes, the cable is frayed, kinked, or chewed which damages the cable. If that’s the case then try to charge the phone with another cable, or replace it with a new one.
Also, make sure to use Apple-certified lightning cable as they’re best suitable for Apple devices.
Cleaning Your Lightning Port
Make sure to power off the iPhone before any cleaning steps.
For Dust, Dirt, and Debris
It might possible that your lightning port might have become dirty or dusty, which might be preventing iPhone to get charged. Here’s what to do:
- Clean the port using a soft cotton earbud, remove the dust and dirt, and check if this works.
- If there’s any debris present, use canned compressed air.
- Use a clean thin paintbrush to clean inside the port.
- Use Q-Tip dipped in rubbing alcohol and insert into port and clean it gently, let the port dry and then check if this works.
For Suspected Corrosion
- Unplug and re-plug the lightning cable at least 7-8 times.
- Clean the cable first, and then plug the same cable into the socket and move the cable to clean the device’s port.
- You can use an electrical cleaner, but do not give excessive pressure as it can damage the parts like mics.
What if Nothing Works?
If the solutions mentioned above won’t work for you. Then try checking the cable and charger work with another iDevice like iPad or iPod. Also, you can perform a hard reset by holding the home button/volume button and press the power button until the Apple logo appears.
It’s good if you’ve enrolled for AppleCare, contact Apple support if your iPhone won’t charge. That’s the smartest thing you can do.