In 2021, casting and screen mirroring your mobile devices are pretty common. Almost all of the smart TVs or monitors or any kind of smart display supports some kind of screen mirroring or casting. The only difference is that the process and the approach of screen mirroring differ from platform to platform. these days, screen mirroring and casting have become an essential part of our lives, and most of us cast things to our TVs using our mobile phones or our laptops. So, it is very important to know the process and the approach behind the screen mirroring, and how it works while mirroring your screen using different devices.
There are some drawbacks of screen mirroring as well, but that only occurs to some devices, one such instance is Amazon’s firestick, it simply doesn’t want to sync with your screen and just goes out of sync pretty often. however, we do have fixes for the same, and in this post, we will be discussing various different issues and processes through which you can screen mirror your device to your TV using Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and Chromebook with the help of Amazon firestick.
Create the Initial Wireless Settings First
First things first, before we start any process of screen mirroring, we need to make sure that all of the devices are connected to the same wireless network. which includes, your Amazon firestick and the device from which you want to mirror the screen. So, make sure to check the wireless connectivity before you begin the process, and connect it to the same wireless network if any of the devices aren’t connected. to check the name of the wireless network on the firestick you need to follow through with the process written below.
- Head to the homepage, then you need to find and switch to the Settings tab, from the top menu.
- Inside the settings tab, you need to scroll and select the network options.
- here, you will be shown a list of all the available networks through which firestick can be connected. There will be written connected below one of the names of the network, which indicates that your firestick is connected to that particular wireless network. So make sure that it is connected to the same wireless network, if not then, you need to scroll and select the wireless network with which you want the firestick to be connected then press ok, followed by the password of your Wireless network.
As soon as you have completed the above steps, you need to proceed with the guide below, in order to mirror your device’s screen to firestick, the guides written below vary from device to device, so find the device from which you want to mirror to your firestick and follow that particular guide.
How To Mirror Android to an Amazon Firestick
If you are an Android user and wants to mirror your Android device’s screen to your Firestick, then you don’t need to worry, as the process is very simple and easy to implement, especially after Amazon removed some of its restrictions on Chromecast for its products. To mirror your Android to an Amazon firestick you need to follow the tutorial below.
- Take control of your Fire TV remote, press and hold the Home button until you see a new menu appears, find and select Settings from the new menu.
- Next, you need to find and click on the Display and Sounds option located inside the settings.
- Here, you will find an option to Enable Display Mirroring you need to choose it.
- A new pop-up dialogue box will appear showing you the status of the wireless screen mirroring and the device which receives the mirrored display. Keep your firestick turned on on this screen to enable your device to be able to connect it. Also, you need to remember the name of your Firestick.
- Now, head to your Android device, swipe down from the top to open the quick settings panel of your device.
- From the quick settings panel, you need to find the Cast icon. If you cannot find it here you may head to the device’s settings, and then search for the cast option, usually, it is inside the display options.
- Once, you find the cast icon or option, click on it, and then your device will start searching for a nearby device, that supports screen mirroring.
- After a while you should see the name of your fire tv, in the list, tap on it, and it will prompt for confirmation.
- Your Fire TV should mirror your phone’s screen once you have confirmed the prompts. On the other hand, if you want to stream videos from your Android to the Fire TV, then if you tap on the cast button on your Android device, it will do the screencasting automatically.
How To Mirror Windows 10 to an Amazon Firestick
For those using Windows 10 laptops or a computer, they can also take the advantage of mirroring their screen to the Amazon Fire tv. As the newer version of Windows 10 comes with Miracast functionality enabled by default. Miracast is important in order to be able to cast the screen to a miracast supported device like Chromecast or firestick. To connect and mirror your Windows 10 laptop to an amazon firestick, you need to follow the below written steps, which is a very simple and basic guideline that should get the job done.
- Head to the Display Mirroring Screen option on your Firestick TV’s settings and then check the name of your Fire TV and remember it.
- Now, click on the Notifications icon on your Windows 10 laptop, the notification icon is usually located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, you need to click on Expand button, located above the quick panels.
- Here, you need to click on the Project tile and then choose the preferred type of projection of your screen, this can be changed anytime in-between as per your need.
- Click on Connect to a wireless display option which is written in an accent colour.
- It will search for nearby screen mirroring capable devices, and after a while, you should see the name of your Firestick device in the list. In case, your firestick didn’t show up, you can always click on Find other types of devices and then look for it, if it still doesn’t show up, then you should ensure that both your Windows 10 computer and the firestick are connected to the same wireless network.
- Once done, you should be able to start mirroring your Windows 10 computer’s screen to your firestick.
How To Mirror an iPhone to an Amazon Firestick
On the other hand, if you are using an iPhone and is trying to mirror your screen to your firestick then you may proceed with the following guide, it is pretty simple and straightforward, as everything is with iOS devices, also you can mirror the screen of any of your iOS devices, like iPhones, iPads. However, since iOS devices have a pretty strict security system, so connectivity takes a few steps more, but surely it gets connected, follow through the tutorial thoroughly to connect your iOS device to your firestick.
- So, on your Fire TV, head to the Search icon which can be seen on the top left corner of the screen.
- Now, you have to search for Airscreen.
- Next, you need to install the Airscreen, this is a merely free app and mimics airplay from apple devices. using this app we will be able to connect our iPhones to firestick TV.
- After you have finished installing the Airscreen app, open the app on your firestick it will guide you through a small tutorial in the form of pop-ups. You need to click on the How to use the button if you want to view the tutorial, otherwise, you can click on Start Now.
- Inside the menu, you need to access the settings by clicking on the gear icon, inside the settings you need to make sure that the Airplay option is ticked and enabled.
- Now, you need to return to the previous menu, head to the Start and then you have to click on the Start icon.
- Next, on your iPhone, swipe down from the top right side of the screen, if you have an iPhone x and above, for others, they need to swipe from the bottom, if you have an iPhone with a Touch ID.
- Inside the quick settings, you need to tap on the Screen mirroring.
- Your iPhone will scan for a while and should show you the fire tv stick’s name in the list, tap on it.
- Your iPhone should now be mirrored to your Fire TV.
How To Mirror Mac to an Amazon Firestick
As you know Apple devices share similar platforms, so it is totally acceptable that connecting mac to a firestick TV for screen mirroring would be very much similar to how we connected to the iPhone. You will still have to use the AirScreen app on your Fire TV, too connect your mac for screen mirroring. Below is the complete guide on how to mirror your mac to your firestick TV.
- As mentioned in the previous guide that you need to download the Airscreen app on your firestick, so first download the Airscreen app if you haven’t done it already.
- Next, you need to open the Airscreen app, and head to the app’s settings and check if the Airplay option is ticked and enabled.
- Proceed to the Help menu.
- Here you need to choose the macOS icon and then click on it.
- Click on the AirPlay option.
- Now, from your Mac computer, click on the Airplay icon from the dock of your computer. If the Airplay icon isn’t available in your dock, then you can enable it by going to the Apple menu, and then clicking on Display, and then head to the Arrangement tab. Also, make sure that both the Mirror Displays and Show mirroring checkbox options on the menu bar when available are ticked.
- Your Mac should now show the name of the Firestick TV, inside the Airplay menu.
- You need to select that and then press OK on your fire remote to confirm the connection.
- That’s it you should now be able to mirror your screen.
How To Mirror a Chromebook to an Amazon Firestick
Chromebooks have always been different in terms of working, their different OS works pretty well when it is in the Google ecosystem. Other than that, the overall process of connecting a Chromebook to a different device is a bit different this is because Chromebook is locked to the Chrome OS.
usually, Chromebook was designed to run without any additional apps or anything that is not approved by Google. This means that if you are in Google’s ecosystem and trying to cast your screen to a Chromecast, then it will be a lot easier, however, if you have a Chromebook and a firestick, then the method is a bit different and complicated but not impossible. There is a bypass method through which you can try and mirror your screen, although we don’t guarantee that this will work 100% but trying won’t harm anything.
The workaround is to enable Chromebook’s Google Play Store. You need to follow through the tutorial below, in order to enable the Google Play Store on Chromebooks.
- Now, on the Chromebook click on the quick settings panel located at the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Next, you need to click on the gear icon in order to open the settings.
- Navigate and scroll down to find the google play Store tab inside the settings, then you need to click on Turn on and then accept the terms of service.
- Finally, the Google Play Store is now enabled, open the Store.
Once you have successfully enabled and opened the Google Play Store, you can search for casting apps with which you can connect your Firestick. A few of the most popular casting apps that can be used to mirror your screen to a Firestick are AllCast, Cast TV and Cast Videos. You need to download and install any of these apps on your Chromebook and then proceed with the guide of each app to successfully cast or mirror your Chromebook’s screen to your firestick TV.
As said earlier, it is pretty hard to mirror your Chromecast’s screen to a firestick, but the only workarounds are the above-mentioned apps, through which you can mirror your screen. the issue comes because of the different manufacturers having different compatibility issues like google and Amazon. Also, make sure to check if your Chromebook supports casting, as there are some models of Chromebooks that doesn’t support casting.
Waiting For Integration
if all of the devices from different manufacturers and platforms start to follow the same methodology or approach of screen casting and mirroring, then it will be a lot easier to cast or mirror screens regardless of the platform and device. but until then, we have to rely on manufactures compatibility with other brands, or the workaround methods. It is only now that Amazon’s firestick is compatible with Google, otherwise, they didn’t support anything, and it is still not completely integrated.
Why is My Mirrored Stream to Firestick Choppy?
The main reason could be because of a slow internet at your place, if not then the second reason would be that, there was a prior disagreement between Google and Amazon, and the Chromecast and Firestick were designed to run on different casting protocols. So, it means that if you are having a choppy mirroring experience, this could be because of a compatibility issue, which can only be fixed by Amazon or Google, if they integrate their platforms together and optimize it.
My Fire TV Stick is not showing up, what is happening?
If you are facing some issues and for some reason, you are not able to see the fire TV on your other casting device or vice versa, then it could be because of different wireless connectivity. You need to make sure that both the devices are connected to the same wireless network, otherwise, it won’t work. Check the name of the WIFI in both the firestick and the device which you are using to cast both of them should be connected to the same SSID and same band.
What are some useful pieces of software to help with mirroring devices?
usually for a Windows PC and Android devices, the Miracast feature is enabled by default and you will have no difficulty in mirroring the screen using these devices to firestick. however, if you have some other device like a Chromebook or an Apple device, then we have already discussed above the apps which you can use to mirror your screen respectively for Apple and Chromebooks. Airscreen, Allcast are some of the apps that you will be required to mirror your screen.
Mirroring to a Fire TV Stick
Depending on your device, mirroring your screen to an Amazon Firestick will vary slightly, but the ease of use is almost guaranteed if the devices are compatible.