In this tutorial, we will tell you how to delete, remove, log off or sign out of Google account on Android devices. You can use this very same method to remove or sign out of other accounts such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter on Android.
We all tend to have multiple accounts for the same service. For example, you might have two different Google account, one for personal use and another for work. Now, if you are in a situation where you want to remove one of the accounts, then you can follow this simple guide. Let’s get started.
Steps to Remove Google Account on Android
Don’t have access to the Android device?
We also have a way to remove a Google account from an Android device, even if you do not have physical access to that particular Android device.
If you have access to the device, you can simply follow the below steps
- Open your device Settings.
- Scroll down to “Accounts” or “Accounts and Sync”.
Note: On some Android devices this setting can be found under another setting or in a different name. Look for “Cloud and accounts> Accounts” or “Users & accounts” under your phone settings.
- Once you are in this screen, tap on the Google account you want to remove and open the same.
- On the next screen, you can simply tap on ‘Remove account‘
Note: In older Android device, you might want to tap the 3-dot menu icon or “More” option (on Samsung devices) found at the top-right corner of the screen. Then select “Remove” or “Remove account” option.
- Done. You have successfully removed the Google account from your Android device.
Remove Google Account on Android Remotely
If you do not have access to the Android device (for example, if it is stolen) from which you wish to remove the Google account, then you can follow the below steps:
- Go to myaccount.google.com.
- Click on “Security”.
- In this, scroll down until you find the ‘Your devices‘ section and click on ‘Manage devices‘ at the bottom.
- In the next screen, tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the device from which you want to remove the Google account and click sign out.
- Done. You have now successfully removed the Google account from the device.
These are the two ways by which you can easily remove your Google account from an Android device.
Got questions? Let us know in the comments below!