Apple puts in some of the best and melodious ringtones on their iPhones. Surely every iPhone user sets one of the default ringtones on their iPhones. Well, that isn’t because everybody likes the ringtone but most of the user doesn’t actually know how to set custom ringtones on iPhones. So if you are one of them and are looking for a guide on how to set custom ringtones on iPhones, then below we have a quick tutorial you can go through them and get yourself a custom ringtone for your iPhone.
The easiest method to get a custom ringtone would be using iTunes, but then it would cost you some money since iTunes isn’t free. Your other best chance is to set a ringtone from your existing library of songs, to do so you need iTunes and a computer, and its a bit lengthy process, but here we are to set a custom ringtone on iPhone without any computer or iTunes, so sticking to that, first we need to have a third party app called WALTR 2. However, you still be needing a computer to transfer the music file to your iPhone as a ringtone, rather this one is an easier process.
There are some ringtone make apps available on the App store which can be downloaded on your iPhone and you can use it to create ringtones from music files, but the app isn’t capable to directly add them to the list of ringtones on the iPhone, so technically you won’t be able to set custom ringtones using such apps, instead, you will only be able to create custom ringtones. To set it as a ringtone on your iPhone you would still be needing a computer and iTunes.
So to set a custom ringtone on your iPhone without using a computer or iTunes you need an app called GarageBand for IOS. It is a professional sound editing tool and is generally used by professional sound engineers. One of the underrated features of the app is that it allows users to import and edit tracks on their iPhone and then you can export the audio as a ringtone on the iPhone, that way you can set any custom song or tune as a ringtone on your iPhone.
Tenoshare iCareFone is an IOS tool that can help you with a data management tool for Mac and PC. With the help of this tool you can export, import, and backup almost all types of data. With the help of Tenoshare iCareFone, you can backup images, videos, and other media files from your iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC. The tool also allows users to save partial or full backups to the computer. It is a paid software but it does allow users to use its free trial for a while which comes with certain limitations. The software is completely compatible with IOS 14 devices including the latest iPhone 12 series.
Make Ringtone From iPhone Music without iTunes
Finally, we come to the guide on how to set a custom ringtone on iPhone without using iTunes.
- Download and install the GarageBand app from the App store.
- Now, open the app on your IOS device and choose the Audio Recorder option from the instruments section.
- On the top of the screen, there will be a metronome icon (should be in a triangle shape) tap on it to disable it, as it will prevent any count-in sound which can occur during playback.
- So far so easy, now, tap on the tracks icon located at the third position on the top left corner of the screen, tapping on it will bring up the tracks view.
- Here you will see a + icon right on the timeline at the top right corner, tap on the + icon and it will bring up the song section screen.
- Now you will be able to see “Section A” and then a sliding counter up to 30 under the manual settings. Also, ensure that the automatic setting is turned off, as it will extend the track to 30 bars long.
- After you have set the length of the song tap on done to close the song sections.
- Click on the Apple Loops icon which should be next to the settings icon from the top right and then go to the music tab to browse your music library.
- Now search through the library and find the song which you want to set as the ringtone on your iPhone.
- Carefully, tap and hold the song and then drag it upwards to see the tracks screen. When you see the track info release your hold when the song is positioned at the starting of the first bar.
- Now, the song which you just dragged will be ready for editing ad then you can edit it accordingly to set it as a ringtone on your device.
- With the help of the slider, you can move and crop the part of the song which you want to set as a ringtone.
- You can also add multiple tracks if you want to set a mix of songs as your ringtone, this is optional.
- At last, when you have finished editing the song and your masterpiece ringtone is ready, tap on the arrow icon which should be located on the top left corner of the screen, and then select My Songs from the drop-down menu. Now, your custom-created ringtone will automatically be saved inside the GarageBand library.
Add Ringtone to iPhone without iTunes and Computer
As you have just finished creating a custom ringtone for you using GarageBand or any other tool, now the next very obvious step is to set it as the ringtone on your iPhone. Following we have a guide on how to set a custom ringtone on your iPhone.
- Open the App GarageBand and then Go to My Songs.
- Click on Select from the top right corner of the screen and with this, you will be inside the selection mode of the app.
- Now, tap on your custom-made ringtone in the GarageBand library, and then you will see the Share button click on it.
- The share sheet will pop up, in the share screen you will see an option Ringtone tap on it and type any name which you want to give to your ringtone.
- Click on the Export button and that’s it, the selected file be saved as a ringtone.
Once you hit on export, GarageBand will prompt you to set it as a standard ringtone or as a standard text ringtone, you can also choose it for a particular contact.
By default IOS allows custom ringtones to be set for up to 30 seconds long, so make sure you crop your song for up to 30 seconds, if it exceeds the 30-second mark then the system will crop the first 30 seconds and will set it as a ringtone.
There are a lot of similar apps on IOS that has the ability to export songs as ringtone, but it can only be done with apps that have the support of importing media from the music library, and that app has the option to export the song as ringtone on the share screen. Till now, we have only got the GarageBand app which is reliable and works great, if you find any other such apps do let us know.
The Easy way to set custom Ringtone on iPhone
The above methods were some of the methods which can be used on iPhones to set custom ringtones either without a computer or without installing or using iTunes. But, the easiest method to get a custom ringtone for your iPhone is in fact with the help of a computer. So here we are with the easiest method of setting a custom ringtone but with the help of a computer.
On your Windows PC or Mac download the app WALTR, it is very friendly and comes in handy while setting a custom ringtone. With the help of WALTR, you can transfer music, videos, iBooks, AUdiobooks and ringtones, from your computer to your iPhone by simply dragging the file from your device to the WALTR screen. The app automatically recognizes and organizes things accordingly for you.
Recently, the developers of WALTR have updated the app and the latest version of WALTR 2 now supports automatic wireless connectivity over WIFI. The app will automatically recognize and will try to pair up with your iPhone with your computer, making sure that both devices is connected to the same wireless network. otherwise, it won’t work wirelessly.
Coming up is the guide on how to create a custom ringtone for your iPhone with the help of the WALTR app using a computer.
- After you have finished downloading the WALTR app and have set it up on your PC, create a custom ringtone of your song for your IOS device using any of the media-editing tools like Syncios MP3 to M4R Converter (offline tool) or MP3Cut Audio Cutter (online tool).
- Keep in mind that the ringtone you created is saved in M4R format.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable or using the wireless option from WALTR and then open WALTR.
- The app will automatically detect your iPhone and will give options to sync data and import or export.
- Simply, drag and drop the custom ringtone file from the computer to WALTR’s screen on your computer only. It will copy the M4R file to your iPhone as a ringtone.
- Now, choose the newly copied file as a ringtone on your iPhone by going to Settings on your IOS device >> Sounds >> Ringtone on your iPhone and then from the list find and select the file which you just copied.
Keep in mind that the WALTR app for the computer isn’t free, although there’s an option of using it as a free trial which will last for up to 14 days. After which users need to purchase the app to continue using it. The WALTR 2 app costs $39.95 for a single license, $59.95 for a Double Pack, and $89.95 for a Family Pack (5 licenses).