There are Apple users out there who don’t prefer to subscribe to Apple music but listen to the downloaded music from the web browser instead of actually purchasing it. If you’re one of them who’s in search of how to transfer/copy music from your Macro your iPhone or iPad, you’ve landed on the right post.
Follow the simple guide that we’ve managed to provide you. So without wasting much of your time, let’s get started.
Transfer/Copy music from Mac to iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- Open iTunes (macOS Mojave and below) or Finder(macOS Catilina or above) on your Mac.
- Connect your iDevice to your Mac using a USB/USB-C cable or over a Wi-Fi connection.
- Your device will prompt the option on the screen, chose Trust Computer, and enter your iPhone credentials.
- If you’re using Finder, chose to select the device in the Finder sidebar under Locations.
- If you’re using iTunes, click on the iPhone icon located in the left corner.
- Select Music from the sidebar.
- Tick on Sync music onto (the device’s name) or Sync Musicto sync music between Mac and your device.
- You can choose to sync the Entire music library to transfer all songs or Selected artists… to transfer specific music.
- Once done, click on Apply button located in the lower right corner to transfer or copy music from Mac to your iDevice.
- If the process doesn’t start copying or transferring the music, click on the Sync button.
- Once finished, select the eject button to disconnect your device from Mac.
How to remove synced music from iPhone or iPad?
To remove synced music from iDevice, users need to do the following:
Remove music from iDevice but keep it on your Mac
Step 1: Connect your device to Mac.
Step 2: Open Finder or iTunes, choose your device, and then select Music from either tap menu or sidebar.
Step 3: Uncheck the boxes for music that don’t want you on your iDevice.
Step 4: Now, click on Apply when ready to sync again.
Step 5: Slect Eject before disconnecting your connected device to Mac.
Remove music on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using Settings app
Step 1: Visit Settings > General > (iPhone/iPad/iPod) Storage.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on Music.
Step 3: Swipe any artist, album, or song.
Step 4: Tap on Delete to remove the download.