Your iPhone comes with limited storage and it depends on the variant that you have purchased. The latest iPhone 14 and 14 Plus comes in 128, and 256 GB variant while the Pro and Pro Max come with up to 1 TB of storage.
However, if you are running out of storage, you can always transfer your stuff to the cloud. Apple also provides a cloud storage space with your Apple account. By default, Apple provides 5GB of free cloud space to store anything you want.
However, this can be increased on a monthly or yearly subscription plan. In this post, we will be discussing how to get more storage on iPhones with the help of iCloud.
Will it Increase the iPhone’s storage?
Technically, it won’t increase the storage of your iPhone, but will definitely help you in storing more data. Your iPhone can automatically sync and upload the images and videos that you shoot from your iPhone. This way you can free up your iPhone’s storage to install apps or record more.
iCloud is Apple’s cloud service which comes bundled with every Apple account on every Apple device, be it iPhone, MacBook or iPad. One added benefit of having files on iCloud is that you can access your files from any Apple device that is logged in with the same Apple account.
For instance, if you have uploaded an image from your iPhone, you can instantly open the same image from your MacBook or iPad.
iCloud can help you in keeping all the files, instead of finding the less wanted things to delete you can simply keep all of them with the extra added storage of iCloud. To purchase the extra iCloud space, you can follow the tutorial below.
Step to buy Storage on iPhone
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Then tap on the apple account setting or your name at the top of the setting.
- Now, select iCloud from the apple account page.
- Inside the iCloud settings tap on Manage Storage. Depending on the software version, some of the devices might be written as iCloud storage instead.
- You can choose any of the plans that are shown on your screen, depending on your budget and the amount of iCloud storage you need, you can get a yearly or monthly subscription for your iCloud storage. Do note that you can downgrade to a less iCloud storage subscription any time you want. However, if you downgrade to a storage option which is less than the amount of storage occupied by you, then you might lose some of the data from your iCloud.
- After you have selected the storage plan, you just need to confirm your purchase.
- To confirm you can either double press the side button of your iPhone, if not then you can provide your credit card details to proceed with the payment of iCloud.
- Once you have entered the credit card details and confirmed the subscription, you will be instantly charged for the iCloud storage, and from this point, it will deduct every month until you cancel it.
This was a quick tutorial on how to get extra space on your iPhone with the help of iCloud. The basic plans that are available for iCloud subscriptions are 50 GB, 200 GB and 2 TB. Depending on your requirement you can select either of the plans that you want for your iCloud.
You can also opt for the iCloud family plan, which overall costs less when divided by 5 members. All the members will get extra space of iCloud storage and you can split the monthly bill with them.