Nearly a decade ago we started to get smartphones with a screenshot feature and after a few years, we saw a screen recording feature.
This means that now on our iPhones instead of just taking a screenshot of the screen, we can even record the screen, and everything we do will be recorded as a video and can be used to share with anyone.
Read along the post to know how you can record the screen of your iPhone and how you can share it with anyone.
The screen recording feature on your iPhone can help you in a lot of different ways. Like sending YouTube clips or creating tutorials for your friends. Not to mention you can also record the gameplays and then share them on social media.
How to turn on your iPhone’s screen recording feature?
Not all iPhones have the screen recording feature. So, you need to first check. According to Apple, only the iPhones that are running on iOS 11 or later will have a built-in screen recording feature.
Before you learn how to start screen recording on your iPhone, adding it to the control centre can surely help you in initializing screen recording faster. Below is a quick tutorial on how you can add the screen recording button to the control centre of your iPhone.
- Open the control centre of your iPhone by swiping down from the top right corner of the screen for iPhones with FaceID while iPhone with touch Id needs to be swiped from the bottom of the screen to open the control centre.
- Now, inside the control centre look for the screen recording button, it looks like a red dot with a circle around it. If you don’t find it to be present in the control centre then you can skip to the next part of this post, or else follow the next step.
- If you didn’t see the screen record button, tap on the settings then the control centre and then tap on customizing controls.
- Scroll down to the more controls menu and then find the screen recording button.
- Tapping on the green + button on the left of the text will add the button to the control centre of your iPhone.
- If you want to remove the screen recording button from the control centre then you can tap the red “-“ symbol.
How To Screen record on an iPhone
Once you have successfully added the screen recording button to the control centre of your iPhone. You can start recording your screen instantly. With the help of the screen recording on your iPhone, you will be able to show each and every swipe and tap that you do on your phone. In addition to that, you can also add sound to your screen recording and then anything that makes the sound on the screen will also be recorded.
- To start the screen recording on your iPhone swipe and open the control centre depending on the model.
- Now, tap on the screen record button to start recording.
- After you have pressed the screen record button, a three-second countdown will appear before the screen recording begins on your iPhone. Once the recording is started you will see that the clock on the top left corner of the screen is turned red on newer iPhones that have FaceID, while the iPhones with touch ID will show you a red bar at the top of the screen.
- You can tap the screen to close the control centre. Now that you are recording both video and audio of your phone’s screen, you can record whatever screen you want to record.
- Finally, when you are done recording screen on your iPhone, just tap on the red clock or tap the red bar at the top of your screen, it should show a small popup. Tap on the stop button to stop the screen recording of your iPhone.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the record button again from the control centre to stop the screen recording of your iPhone.
How to screen record with audio on an iPhone?
You might not know this, but now on iPhones in addition to the screen recording function, you can also record yourself speaking while at the same time the screen is recorded. In order to turn on your microphone, you can follow the tutorial below.
- Press and hold on to the screen recording button.
- You will see a pop-up screen appear showing some settings of the screen recording of your iPhone. Tap on the microphone icon located at the bottom of the screen and then tap on start recording. Your iPhone will show a countdown and will start recording the phone’s screen.
- If you want to exit the control centre on your iPhone, then you can tap twice to exit the full screen.
- Now that you have enabled microphone access, it will turn on any time you begin the recording. Also, if you don’t want to use your microphone while recording the screen of your iPhone then you can turn it off by returning to the present screen and then pressing and holding the microphone icon.
How to open and edit your screen recording
Your iPhone can not only record the screen, but it can also edit the videos on the go. The screen recording that you save can be found on the camera roll inside the photos app. You can edit the screen recording within the photos app. The photos app offers tools like adding filters, trimming the beginning or ending and then saving the video as a completely new and different clip from the original ones.
- Head to the Photos app and then tap on the Camera roll album and then tap on the video.
- Now, tap on the edit button located at the top right corner of the screen to start editing the screen recording.
- You will see at the bottom of the screen a visual timeline of the video. This can help you in trimming the beginning or the ending of the video. In order to trim the beginning of the video, you need to tap and then drag the arrow located beside the play button to the right. This turns the bar yellow. You can trim the end part of the video by tapping and dragging the arrow to the left of the screen.
- After you have adjusted the trims, you can tap on the play button to check if the trim is done right or not, you can keep on adjusting the trim using the arrows until you get the desired result.
- Once you have the perfect trim of the video, you can tap Done and then save it as a new clip to save the video.
This was a complete guide on how you can record the screen of your iPhone. Along with that, we have also covered on how you can add the screen recording button to the control centre for faster access to the screen recording feature.