- Bose headphones can be connected to iPhone just like any other normal headphones by going to Settings > Bluetooth and then pairing your device.
- In addition to the above method, Bose also has released their own app called Bose Connect to connect and manage Bose headphones on iPhones.
The pinnacle of headphones and the pinnacle of smartphones are the Bose headphones and iPhones. Together they become one of the best pairs to use. While these Bose headphones sound incredible, connecting them can be a bit of a hassle.
So, in this post, we will be discussing how to connect Bose headphones to your iPhone easily.
Before you start reading the article for some troubleshooting methods, make sure that you have enabled the following-
- Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone. While also checking that your Bose headphones are also in pairing mode, flick the switch on the right earpiece from red to green to turn the headphones on.
- Make sure you have downloaded the Bose Connect app, it should detect the headphones automatically.
- Inside the app, when the screen says Drag to connect, swipe down to initiate the pairing process between your iPhone and the Bose headphones.
Let’s further discuss how to use the Bose connect app to pair your iPhone and the Bose headphones, along with that we will also see, how to pair the headphones from the settings app on the iPhone and how to disconnect and unpair them.
How To Connect Bose Headphones to iPhone Using Bose Connect App
A few years back, most Bose headphones were easily able to connect to the iPhones over the 3.5mm headphone jack. However, in recent years, Apple has stopped giving headphone jacks to their iPhone and people have evolved to a wireless headphone system.
Bose has launched their wireless Bluetooth connect app using which you can connect your headphones and iPhone.
The app also provides firmware updates and provides better connectivity too.
- On your iPhone download, the Bose connect app from the App store.
- Now, you need to turn on your Bose Bluetooth headphones by flicking the switch from red to green. It should be located on the right earpiece.
- Now, open the Bose Connect app that you just downloaded.
- The Bose connect app is smart enough to identify any Bose headphones nearby which are turned on. Once the app identifies the headphones, it should show the image of your headphones and a text that asks you to drag to connect with the headphone. You can proceed by swiping down on the screen to initiate connecting your Boese headphone to your iPhone.
- Most of the headphones are automatically detected by the app, but if for some reason your headphones aren’t shown on the display, then you can see a screen with a few different tips to find your iPhone, try each of them to successfully pair your Bose headphones.
- Once paired, the Bose connect app will start syncing with your iPhone and should display the word Connecting at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the connection is successfully confirmed, you will see the button Ready to Play at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it and that’s it, your Bose headphones are connected and you are ready to listen to all the audio on your iPhone.
Note: The Bose connect app also shows a Preparing Product Update message at the top of the Bose connect app, this means that there is an update pending for the firmware of the headphones, make sure to download and install the update to improve the overall experience.
Make sure that your Bose headphones have enough battery that they can be paired and turned on. While most headphones usually come with some amount of battery, it could happen that your headphones might be discharged entirely.
How To Pair Headsets With iPhone Settings
We recommend using the Bose Connect app to pair your headphones with your iPhone, however, if you prefer not to download and install the app, then you can do it the old traditional way as well. But you might lose some of the functionality of the headphones.
- Go to the settings app on your iPhone and then tap on the Bluetooth option. Make sure that the Bluetooth of your iPhone is turned on.
- Now, turn on your Bose headphones simply by flicking the switch on the right side of the headset to green.
- Under the Other Devices section of your iPhone, tap on the headphones to which you want to connect. Once the Bluetooth connection is established, the name of the headphones will be seen on the My devices section of your iPhone. it will also be shown as connected.
The Bluetooth name of the headset can be a bit different, it can have some model number, but the name should consist of the word Bose.
That’s it, your Bose headphones are now connected to your iPhone and are good to go. However, to control the settings of the headphones like the ANC and to install the firmware update you would have to use the Bose connect app.
How To Disconnect Bose Headphones from an iPhone
To disconnect the Bose headphones from your iPhone you can directly turn off the headphones by flicking the switch to the red position.
Otherwise, if you wish to unpair your Bose headphones from your iPhone so that you can use the headphone with another device, then open the Bose connect app and then tap on the image of your headphones. Now, tap on the Disconnect button.
Alternatively, you can also turn off the Bluetooth of your iPhone to stop the wireless connection between your iPhone and the headphones. However, you wouldn’t want to do it if you have other devices like an Apple watch connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
If you wish to completely remove the Bose headphones from your iPhone so that they don’t pair automatically to your iPhone in the future. then you can head to the settings of your iPhone and then Bluetooth options.
Now, type the i symbol next to the name of your headphones and then you can tap on the Forget this device button to forget the device completely and unpair them.