With the launch of cloud gaming, the possibility of playing high-end console and PC games on a mobile device has just turned into a reality. This is why users might have to connect their consoles like PS4 and Xbox controllers to their mobile devices. Here is a quick tutorial on how to connect your PS4 controller to your iPhone.
Before we start the process of connecting the PS4 controller to your iPhone, make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 13 or above. We will be connecting the PS4 controller to the iPhone using Bluetooth.
Do note that you can even connect the PS4 controller to an iPad, but the tutorial below is for pairing the PS4 DualShock controller with an iPhone.
How To Connect your PS4 Controller to an iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to the settings app.
- Tap on the Bluetooth option located at the top part of the settings page. It should open the Bluetooth settings. Make sure that the Bluetooth is turned on. (The toggle should be green).
- Now, keep the Bluetooth option open so that we will be able to see whenever the controller shows up for pairing it with your iPhone.
- Next, turn on the PS4 controller and then tap on the PlayStation and share buttons together at the same time. You need to hold these buttons until the controller light starts to flash rapidly.
- Check your iPhone’s Bluetooth scan list, it should show a device named DualShock 4 Wireless Controller. Tap on it to pair your iPhone with the PS4 controller over Bluetooth.
- The PS4 controller will be paired when the light on the controller stops blinking and it should turn into a reddish-pink colour. This indicates that the controller has been successfully paired to your iPhone.
You can follow the same steps mentioned above to connect the controller to any iPad. (Including iPad Pro series).
How To Disconnect PS4 Controller from your iPhone
You can also disconnect the controller from your iPhone once you are done playing the games. To disconnect the PS4 controller from an iPhone, just follow the tutorial below.
- For iPhones with Face ID enabled, you can go to the control centre by swiping from the top right corner of your screen. Older iPhones with Touch ID can bring the control centre by swiping from the bottom part of the screen.
- Now, press and hold the Bluetooth icon in the control centre.
- You should see a menu that will appear. Find and tap on the button that says “Bluetooth: On” and then press and hold the button.
- You will see a list of devices that are available. This includes the DualShock controller.
- Finally, tap on the Bluetooth name of the controller to disconnect it from your iPhone.
You can also go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone from the settings app by following the same method the way you connected your PS4 controller.
- Simply find the DualShock 4 Wireless controller option under the My devices ad then click on the “I” icon, located next to the name.
- Finally, press the Disconnect button.
In case you are still having issues connecting your PS4 controller to your iPhone, then you can try some of the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods that work for most of the audience.
- Start solving the issue by unpairing the controller from your iPhone and then pairing it again to check if it solves the issue.
- If you see that the DualShock PS4 controllers are connected but you still see a connection like the unsuccessful message, then you should try pressing the PS button on the control and then wait for a few seconds to connect it.
- Lastly, ensure that you don’t have a lot of different Bluetooth devices connected to your iPhone. As there is a limit to how many devices can be paired at once.
That’s it, this was a quick guide on how you can connect your PS4 controller and play games on your iPhone.