- There are times when we may have blocked a particular contact on iPhone.
- Any messages from a blocked contact are not visible to the user by default.
- The only way you can receive messages from a blocked contact is by unblocking the contact.
Apple gives an option to its users to block someone on their phone be it from contacts or any unknown number. Once you have blocked someone on your iPhone you won’t be able to receive any text, calls or iMessage.
The only way to start getting messages from a blocked user is to unblock that contact.
Unfortunately, you cannot see any blocked messages on your iPhone. This means that if you have blocked any contact on your iPhone. Then you won’t be able to receive anything sent to you by that contact. Unlike a few Android smartphones where you can read the messages of a blocked contact by going into the blocked lists, Apple doesn’t allow such a feature.
However, Apple does allow users to filter out messages from people they don’t know. They will have to set up a new separate tab on your Messages app where you can see all the filtered messages.
To avoid any unwanted calls and messages the best way is to block that number or contact. This can be helpful to block those annoying telemarketers. Once you block any phone number, that number won’t is able to text you, call you or send any kind of iMessage.
To receive any messages or calls again, you will have to unblock that contact, that is the only way available as of now.
How To Unblock Messages on your iPhone
- Head to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Phone settings.
- Now, tap on Call Blocking and Identification. Inside the screen, you will see a list of all the phone numbers that you have blocked in the past.
- To unblock any phone number from the block list, swipe that number to the left and you will see a red-coloured button saying Unblock.
- Tap on the unblock button to unblock that number.
Once you have unblocked a number, that number can contact you on iMessage, Facetime, normal calls and everywhere else as well.
You can also get the list of all the blocked numbers on your iPhone by going to the Messages settings inside the settings app and then clicking on the Blocked button.
How To Filter Messages from People You Don’t Know On Your iPhone
This simple and hidden trick can be helpful for those people who get a lot of messages throughout the day. Filtering out unwanted messages from unknown people can help you find the messages that are actually needed.
It also makes sorting messages easier and thus helps in better productivity. Using this you can avoid blocking unknown people and just filter them to unwanted messages. To turn on the messages filter you can follow the tutorial below.
- Go to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the Messages to open the settings of the messages app.
- Now, turn on the Filter Unkown Senders by swiping the button to the right side. This will enable the toggle and it should turn green which indicates that it has been turned on.
That’s it, now you should see two different tabs inside the messages app. The two different tabs will be shown at the top of your screen.
On the left tab, you will see messages from the contact lists and the other is for messages from unknown senders like telemarketers and other promotional messages.