Modern smartphones have basically unlimited contact storage space. This is why we keep on saving numbers and even keep them forever even If we don’t need them. This makes the contacts app a bit cluttered, and the number which we are looking for takes more time to find.
Also, let me remind you that if you happen to use WhatsApp then everyone who has your number and you also happen to have the other person’s number saved will be able to see your status.
So, if you want to remove unwanted contacts from your iPhone, then here is a quick tutorial on how to delete multiple contacts at once from your iPhone.
By default, Apple doesn’t give an easy option to delete multiple contacts at once using an iPhone. However, we have managed to find two different methods through which you will be able to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone.
One of the methods requires you to have iCloud on your Mac or PC and the other one is with the help of a third-party app.
Apple accounts sync between all the Apple devices using iCloud. So, if you make any changes through iCloud, it will be reflected in all of your Apple devices that are logged in with the same Apple ID. Contacts are also backed up and stored in iCloud.
So, using iCloud on a desktop can help change or delete multiple contacts at once.
Do note that you can only select and delete multiple contacts at once from your desktop computer or MacBook. Below is a quick tutorial on how to use the web version of iCloud on the Mac.
- Open iCloud.com from a computer and then log in with your Apple ID and password.
- After you have logged in, you will see a lot of different options, tap on contacts from the main page.
- Then, select the contacts that you would like to delete by holding the control key on your Mac.
- Now, scroll down and then select the other contacts that you would like to delete.
- Once you have selected the contacts that you want to delete, tap on the settings icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- From the small popup box that appears, confirm your choice by clicking on the delete button.
That’s it, the contacts that you just selected have been deleted across all of your Apple devices that are logged in with the same Apple ID. You can also use a third-party iOS app to do the same, follow through the tutorial below to know how you can delete contacts from an iPhone using a third-party app.
Deleting Contacts Using Groups
There are several third-party apps through which you can delete contacts on your iPhone. One such app that we bumped into is the Groups app. It is a free app for a few features while you might need to pay for the full version of the app.
The ability to delete multiple contacts is a free tool while other features are chargeable.
In order to delete multiple contacts with the Groups app, you can follow the tutorial below.
- Head to the AppStore and download the Groups app on your iPhone.
- open the Groups app and then tap on let’s get started.
- Grant the contacts permission when prompted as it will need access to contacts in order to delete them.
- Once granted, you will get the option to select multiple contacts from the list. So, you can select all the contacts that you want to select and delete them.
- Now, tap on Choose Action from the top.
- Tap on Remove from my iPhone to delete the contacts that you have selected.
- Lastly, you can tap the confirm button to finally confirm the deletion of the contacts.
That’s it you can now head into the default contacts app of your iPhone and double-check that the contacts that you deleted using the groups’ app have been deleted from here as well. These contacts will no longer be listed on your other Apple devices that are logged in with the same Apple ID.
The groups app isn’t aesthetically pleasing but it gets the job done quickly, and way more easily than any other method.
It is very unfortunate that Apple hasn’t done anything officially to do so, but till then you can use iCloud or the third-party app method to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone as well as iCloud.