- Snapchat does not officially support Apple Watch at the moment and they don’t have an Apple Watch app either.
- In this article, you’ll learn how to get Snapchat notifications on your Apple Watch with the help of Siri and WebKit.
With over 293 million daily active users Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms in the United States. The app is a bit unique and different from the rest of the social media apps and this is why it stands apart from the crowd.
Currently, you can use Snapchat on iPhones and iPads only. A web version is going to come soon, but there isn’t any version of the Apple Watch officially. But we have a quick workaround through which users can use the Snapchat app on their Apple Watch series 6 and 7. You won’t get the full-fledged app, but you will get a lot of in-app features with some limitations.
According to a survey around 87% of teenagers own an iPhone. This is why Snapchat amongst Apple users is very famous and iOS and Snapchat are very well-defined social media trends amongst teenagers across the globe.
Let’s have a look at how we can get Snapchat to work on Apple watches. Let me tell you, Snapchat isn’t officially available for the Apple watch on the app store of the watch. It is only available for iOS devices like iPhones and iPads.
Officially, there isn’t any ported version made for Snapchat as Apple has an app policy for their watches to support only native apps on the Apple Watch Interface.
Max, you can do is receive Snapchat notifications on your Apple Watch, that too if you have enabled it for your watch and your phone. So, we will be using Snapchat for the web as the workaround method to clone Snapchat on your apple watch with the help of WebKit.
How To Use Snapchat on WebKit-Enabled Apple Watch?
To use the WebKit-enabled Apple Watch, you will have to follow the tutorial below-
- Launch Siri on your Apple Watch by pressing and holding the Crown button from the side.
- Ask Siri Google Search and wait for Siri to process and respond with What do you want to search for?
- You need to say google.com to Siri and scroll down through the results.
- Now, find and tap on the Open Page button.
- Apple Watch should open the browser with Google Search, now you can search for Snapchat Login in the search box of Google Search.
- On the search result page, you need to choose the first result which should be titled login.Snapchat.
- Now, your Apple Watch will open the web version of Snapchat and then you can log in with your Snapchat credentials.
- That’s it you will be logged into your Snapchat and start viewing stories of your friends by searching for Snapchat Stories on google and then follow the resultant page with the subdomain that says story.snapchat.com.
Accessing Snapchat Notifications on Apple Watch
This method can be handy if you want to use a different Snapchat account which is logged into your iPhone. This way you will be able to use 2 Snapchats at once without logging out of either of them.
So, when you are on the go you can use your iPhone to access your primary Snapchat to view snaps and see stories, while you can use the Apple Watch to access your secondary Snapchat account of yours.
Also, as long as both the iPhone and the Apple Watch are paired properly, your watch should show notifications of Snapchat of which it is logged in your iPhone.
If for some reason you aren’t receiving the notification then, you can follow the steps below to enable the notifications from Snapchat on your Apple Watch.
- Go to the settings app on your iPhone and then head to the notifications option.
- Now, find the Snapchat app and then make sure that the notifications for the app are enabled.
- Finally, head to the Watch app and then you need to ensure that the app notifications are enabled.
Once you have enabled the notifications, you should receive notifications from Snapchat on your iPhone as well as your Apple Watch.
As of now, there isn’t any news about Snapchat being developed natively for Apple Watch, so until then you can always use the browser method to access Snapchat on your Apple Watch.