- If you have several HomePods and you may want to rename them for better management. Or simply, you know, for fun.
- Renaming a HomePod is pretty straightforward and can be done in a couple of taps.
- We’ll see how to rename HomePods using the Home app.
Apple HomePod is one of the hot selling speakers as it comes with Siri. The HomePods can also be given their custom names according to your choice.
If you have a HomePod at home and you aren’t able to figure out how to rename HomePod, then here we have a quick tutorial to rename your HomePod to a custom name of your choice.
These HomePods come in different sizes and have different models, however more or less the functionality of the HomePods remains the same. Mostly, people use HomePods for home automation and to control their smart devices at home.
These HomePods are very much capable and can do a lot more than you can think of. But, first, let’s learn how to rename the HomePod.
How To Rename Your HomePod
If you keep the default name which is HomePod, then it can be confusing if you have more than one smart speaker at home. Also, it sounds so boring, but you can name the room where the HomePod is kept.
- On your iPhone or iPad open the Home app.
- Now, press and hold the HomePod accessory button to access the details of your HomePod.
- Tap on the Details button located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, you need to click on the text which says HomePod.
- it should open the text editor and a keyboard, and start typing the new name for your HomePod.
- Once you have decided and written the name, tap on the Done button.
This should change the name of the HomePod to the name which you have mentioned. Do note that this change will be synced across all of your connected apps and devices.
How To Rename the room your HomePods is in
Apple also allows users to rename the room in which they have kept the HomePods for better recognition of a particular HomePod. It can help in controlling certain smart devices in a particular room.
Here is how to rename the room in which the HomePods are-
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or the iPad.
- Now, long press on the HomePod accessory button.
- Tap on the Details button from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Room.
- Next, you need to scroll down and tap on the Create new button.
- Click on the new room name and start typing the name of the room which you want it to be.
- Once you have written the name, tap on the save button.
- click on Done once you are done with everything.
It should change the name of the room in which the HomePods are kept. Also, it will be synced across all of your apps and devices that are connected to the same Apple ID.