- Have you been missing a lot of calls lately? Perhaps, the calls are being silenced on your iPhone.
- This article guides you on how you can un-silence calls on your iPhone.
Often at times, we need to silence our smartphones so that there is no distraction, interruption or disturbance from other people around. Our smartphones are one of the most distracting things of all time. So, in such cases, you can always silence your smartphones.
But what if you don’t know how to turn off the silent mode of your smartphone? Well, in this article we will be discussing how to un-silence calls on an iPhone.
How Do I Turn Off Call Silence on iPhone?
If you have enabled Do Not Disturb mode on your iPhone to silence all of the disturbing notifications. You can simply turn the Do Not Disturb Mode off to restore it to original settings and then you will be notified of all the calls and texts.
- Head to the settings app of your iPhone.
- Now, move the toggle to the left to turn off the Do Not Disturb.
- To quickly turn on/off the Do Not Disturb mode on your iPhone. You can swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to bring the control centre.
- Tap on the moon-shaped icon to turn-on or off Do Not Disturb mode.
You can also add exceptions to your Do Not Disturb mode. This means that if you set to allow calls from a certain person, then even if your phone is DND it will ring and notify you if the person calling is added to the exception list.
You can do so, by going to Settings >> Do Not Disturb >> Phone >> Allow Calls From then choose the contacts under groups to allow calls from that contact even when in Do Not Disturb Mode.
How Do I Un-silence Calls?
Another way to get notified every time someone calls you on your iPhone is by turning off the silent mode and then checking the ringer volume of your phone.
- On the left side of the iPhone, there is a switch inside the frame.
- Move the switch on the left side of your iPhone towards you. So that the orange part of the switch disappears. Once you change the position of the switch you should get a notification on your display that should say Silent Mode Off.
- You can also turn on the volume bar indicator on your display by turning on the option under Sounds and Haptics to Change the volume with buttons >> Ringer and Alerts.
- In order to manage the sounds that notify about the calls and other alerts when silent mode is off, you can go to Settings > Sounds and Haptics.
- Under the vibration settings, turn on the Vibrate on Ring if you want your phone to vibrate while there is an incoming call.
- Make sure that the volume slider inside the ringer and Alerts isn’t positioned all the way to the left and muted.
- If you aren’t able to see notifications for missed calls, then you should check if you have enabled notifications from Settings >> Phone >> Notifications >> Allow Notifications.
Why Are My Calls Being Silenced on My iPhone?
If you notice that you are missing calls without any specific reason then you should check the switch that controls your phone’s ringer settings. It could be set to silent mode by mistake.
You should also check that you might have enabled Do Not Disturb mode by chance. You can check for some from the control centre.
There could be a few different reasons for your phone to be on silent mode automatically as iOS is very adaptive.
- You might have set a bedtime and sleep mode settings. If you use the bedtime feature, then you should check to find if Do Not Disturb During Bedtime is turned on. This can be found inside the Clock app >> Bedtime >> Options.
- Your headphones could also be the reason for your phone returning to silent mode on its own. If you are seeing any headphone volume indicator on your screen even after disconnecting them to your phone. Then it means your Apple is stuck and needs help from Apple Customer support.
- Lastly, your iPhone could be blocking unknown callers. So, you need to go to the settings app> Phone >> Silence Unknown callers and then move the toggle to the off position if it is activated.