All the tech-heads use different social media platforms to discuss and brush up on their tech knowledge. Discord plays an important role in this, as there are a lot of different communities built on Discord. These communities and servers have a huge number of members that interact and chat every day. People communicate about the latest evolution of the technology world.
However, some situations arise where the discussions end up being an argument. This can also lead to a community fight or heated arguments can lead to a lot of messages in a community which can be annoying to other users. if you are an admin of a server or a user in a server, you can always report a user on Discord regardless of the platform you are using.
If you are looking for a way through which you can report a user on Discord from different platforms, below we have a tutorial about every platform of discord from which you can report a user, so that the admins can take certain actions against the user.
See next: Discord: Add Bots to Your Discord Server
How To Report a User on Discord using the iPhone App
If you are an iOS user, be it iPhone or an iPad, the reporting process is pretty the same, and it is very much straightforward. The process of complaining or reporting a user on iOS devices is easier than complaining using a computer or desktop version of Discord, where you need to write the specific ID codes.
We are grateful for the developer’s that they have made it pretty easy to report any users on Discord. Keep in mind, that if it’s easy to report a user, that doesn’t mean you have to report anyone for even a non0objectionable message, or just for fun. You have to be confirmed that a particular user is breaking the community rules or the Discord rules, only then you should step ahead and report.
You can only report to an existing message, if that message got deleted somehow, then you won’t be able to report that user, since there won’t be enough proof to report that particular user.
Report Someone on Discord Using the App on Your iPhone
- Navigate to the message on the behalf of which you want to report the user.
- Now, tap and hold the top of the message.
- A pop-up should appear, choose Report located at the bottom of the screen.
That’s it, you have successfully reported that particular user, now the admins and the Discord authority will take action and have a survey about that message and user.
If the above method doesn’t work, there is an alternative method as well, below is the tutorial for the same.
Report Someone on Discord using IDs on Your iPhone
- First, open the Discord app on your iPhone and then log in to your account if it isn’t already.
- Next, you need to go to the Settings by tapping on the gear icon. it will open user settings.
- Navigate to the Appearance section.
- Here you need to tap on Advanced.
- Located Developer Mode and then toggle it to on.
- Get the IDs of the users and the message ID whom you want to report. To get the user’s ID, open their profile and then tap on the three-dot icon located at the top right corner of the screen, here you will the user ID, choose copy ID from the options. Next, to copy the message ID, find and navigate to the message which you think should be reported, tap and hold on the top of that message, a pop up will appear, choose copy message link from the pop-up menu.
- After you have finished collecting the IDs, go to the Discord Trust and security centre and then file your report, after which the Discord team will analyze and evaluate accordingly. You also need to provide the copied IDs of both messages and the users and a short explanation of the incident in the description box.
Don’t forget to paste the copied user ID to another place, otherwise, when you will copy the message link it will overwrite the user-ID with the message link. You can use the Notes app to paste the user ID first and then head to copy the message link, which you can directly paste to the Discord Trust and safety section.
How To Report a User on Discord using the Android App
Reporting on Discord using an Android device is pretty similar to what we did on an iOS device, except the app navigation might differ, since both are different OS.
- Open the Discord app on your Android device and then log in to your account if not already.
- Head to the user settings by tapping on your Profile Image or the settings icon.
- Next, you have to scroll and find the App settings tab and then tap on it to open it.
- Now you must see an option that says Behaviour.
- Under the Chat Behaviour find and toggle on the Developer Mode.
- After you have enabled the Developer Options you need to navigate to the message for which you want to report and the author. Tap the User’s image to open their profile and then you can copy their user ID.
- Next, you need to tap and hold the message and then choose Share.
- Select the copy to clipboard option.
- Proceed to Discord’s Trust and Safety Center and then paste the User ID and Message-ID into the Description box, also don’t forget to describe your issue in brief.
Once you have finished submitting the report, the Discord team will tackle it as soon as possible.
There are moderators for each server in which you participate discussions, if you don’t want to report, you can always step up and complain to the moderators or the admin of that particular server or channel. Often some problems can be resolved only by talking to the user, and reporting a user isn’t a solution always.
How To Report a user on Discord using the Windows App
Well, many users use the discord app on their Windows PC. If you want to report a user on Discord using your Windows PC, below we have a tutorial for the same.
Since you already know that to report on Discord you need to visit the trust and safety section of Discord. First, you need to collect the user ID of the user whom you want to report, along with that you also need to collect the message ID of that message which you felt is offensive or is breaking the policies of Discord. If you only want to report the user and not messages then you can simply skip that part and only proceed with the user ID.
Once you have got the ID of both things, you will need to provide your email address and then briefly you have to explain the issue and the reason behind reporting that user. once you have done that you can click on Submit and that’s it.
Once the Discord team will take an action on your report, you will get an email regarding the same.
How To Report a user on Discord on The Mac App
For MAC users, the reporting steps are pretty similar to how you report on the Windows app.
Below is the tutorial you need to follow to report a user using your Discord app on MAC.
- First, you need to open the Discord app on your MAC and then log in to your account. Then select the Settings option at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you need to navigate to Appearance from the sidebar.
- In the advanced section toggle the Developers Mode to ON.
- Now, to report you to need to have the user ID for your report, for that you need to use the two-finger tap on the username from the list of Friends on the left side, and then select Copy ID. Remember that Developer Mode must be on or copy ID won’t show in the menu, so before you start the process you should enable the developer mode.
- Here you have to paste their ID to the text doc of choice.
- Repeat the above for the user’s message – click the three-dot icon you will see whenever you hover the cursor over the message and then get its link.
- Finally, you have to paste both the IDs into your report and then add a brief explanation inside the description box. Once you are done, click on submit and that’s it you are done reporting.
How To Report a Discord user for Being Under 13
As you all know most social media platforms only allows users to create their profile only if the user is above 13 years old. However, it’s not always possible to prove age. Still, if you suspect a user that he or she is underage, then you can try reporting the user. Discord will take the action accordingly. However, Discord won’t ban that user unless there is direct proof of that user being underage.
How Do You Report a Suspicious User?
As per Discord’s rule, you should send them a direct email. You can also use the official report format and then report the user in the same way as you do. Just add the reason in the description box, that the particular user is underage, you can also use the attachment options if you want to attach any proof about the same.
Can I Easily Block Someone on Discord?
yes, you can use any device to block someone from messaging you directly on discord. You can also block their profile, then you won’t be able to see each other on the platform anymore.
Alternatively, if you only want to block a user from messaging you directly on discord. Then you need to head to the privacy settings which can be found by clicking on the down arrow on the upper left corner of the screen.
here you need to switch the toggle to disable the Allow direct messages from the server members option, that’s it, nobody will be able to send you direct messages on discord without your permission.
Also, if you want to block a user, you need to click on that user’s username which will open their profile information. Noe, click on the three-dot icon located next to the send friend request button. Then a drop-down menu will appear, from that list find and click on Block that’s it.
When Is It Appropriate to report a user on Discord?
It is mentioned by Discord, that it is necessary to be sure that the behaviour of a particular user or their messages are breaking the rules and policies of discord. Below we have a few of the most common rules that users usually break and can be reported.
Sending spam messages
• Harassing or threatening other users
• Sharing photos of animal cruelty
• Sharing child pornography
• Violating IP rights
• Promoting self-harm or suicide
• Distributing viruses
otherwise, you can also report a user if that user is picking on you, or is insulting you personally. Discord was never created to spread hate or to threaten any user, so you should never feel threatened while using discord. make sure before you report any user from a server, you first contact the moderator and discuss the issue, the moderator might resolve your issue, without the need of reporting that user to Discord. often there could be some misunderstanding, which can be cleared with the help of the moderator.
Make Your Discord Environment Better
We should always try to keep the Discord environment friendly. Always avoid toxicity and don’t even allow other users to be toxic on Discord. We should all come together and try to make discord a better platform for everyone. Reporting an annoying user on discord who have been breaking the rules, will not only help you but will also improve the experience of other common users on the server. So, one should always step up in reporting any users, whom you feel should be reported for certain actions.