8 ball pool is a very famous pool table game available for mobile devices. It is a very fun and addictive game that you can play online with anyone randomly or with your friend as well. Apple has brought this fun 8 ball pool game into their iMessage store. users will be able to play 8 ball pool games while using iMessage.
For those of you who don’t know, the game is played with 8 balls on the pool table and the balls are divided into two groups- stripes and solids. Player 1 will start the game and whoever pockets the ball first, will have to pocket all of the balls of the same kind, which means if you have pocketed a stripes ball in your very first chance then you will have to pocket all of the stripes balls before your opponent to win the game.
There are certain foul rules as well, for instance, if you directly hit your opponent’s ball with your cue ball then it is considered foul, and your opponent gets a chance to place their cue ball anywhere on the table. The first one to pocket all of their balls including the 8 ball wins the game. These were some basic rules of playing 8 ball pool on the mobile, now let’s see how we can play 8 ball pool on iMessage. You can download and play the game from the App Store or Google Play store, but to play in iMessage you need to follow the tutorial below.
Download and Install 8 Ball Pool Using iMessage Store
To download the 8 ball pool on your iMessage, first, you will need to download the GamePigeon app which is like a mini-store of a collection of games that also has 8 ball pool. Below is the tutorial to download the game pigeon app.
- Open the messages app from the home screen of your iOS device.
- Tap on any conversation head present in your Messages app. Make sure the other person also uses iMessage.
- Now, tap on the grey-coloured App Store icon that should be present in the bottom section of the screen.
- Following which you need to tap on the blue-coloured App store icon present on the app bar at the bottom to open the iMessage app store. it should open in an overlay window.
- On the overlay window of the App Store, tap on the search button located at the top right corner.
- Type Game pigeon in the search box and then hit the Search button present at the bottom right corner of your keyboard.
- Once the search result is loaded you will see the get button logo in front of the Game Pigeon app, tap on it and then provide your Apple ID credentials if prompted, or use the preferred way of authentication for downloading the app.
In case you have already purchased the Game Pigeon from the same Apple ID, then instead of the get button, you will see a cloud icon with the down arrow, which means downloading the app directly.
Start a Game of 8 Ball Pool With your Contacts
After you have downloaded the GamePigeon app on your iPhone or iPad, now let’s start the game. Make sure that the other p[person with whom you want to play on iMessage is also online.
- First, launch the Messages app from the home screen of your iOS device.
- Now, tap on the conversation head of the person with whom you want to play 8 ball pool. Otherwise, you can also click on the compose button located at the top right corner of the Messages app to start a conversation with someone to play the game.
- After you have entered the chat screen of a particular person, you will see an app bar present on the top of your keyboard and scroll it sideways. You will find the Games Pigeon icon, tap on it to reveal the list of games available to play.
- Next, you will have to choose the 8 ball pool option from the grid present on your screen.
- Select the game mode by tapping on one of the options available under the Game Mode section. You will find two 8 ball games present, one is the normal 8 ball game, and the other one is the 8 ball+, which simply increases the number of balls in the game to provide a long time of gameplay.
- On the next screen, you will have to choose the difficulty level on which you want to play the game. The Normal mode will provide you with a projected path for the ball you are hitting, while the pro or the hard difficulty level will not have any kind of aiming assistance to help you with, you will all be on your own.
You can also buy or customize your playing cue stick by tapping on the customize tile which should be beside the Game Mode section. But, most of the skins for the cue stick can only be unlocked by purchasing the app via in-app purchases.
You need to invite the other player to play the 8 ball pool game, you can type a message and then tap on the Send button to invite your contact.
As you are the one who has invited the other player for the game, the first turn to play the game will be of the other person.
After your opponent has finished their turn, you can tap on the Your Move button to take your turn and play your shot. You need to drag your finger sideways across the screen to align the path of your cue ball towards your target ball. Once you have set the aim and the angle, you need to tap on the cue ball picture located at the right side of the pool table on the screen. This will bring up the cue ball overlaying everything else, from here you need to choose the area of the ball where the cue stick will hit while taking the shot, this gives more control of the cue ball as well as the shot you are taking it. To dismiss, you can tap anywhere on the screen.
Next, you need to locate the cue stick icon, which should be present on the left side of the pool table on your screen. Tap-hold and then drag your finger downwards to set the amount of power with which the cue stick should hit the ball, once you have confirmed the power, release the fingers and it will take the shot.
As soon as either of the players pockets any group of the ball, then both players will get their respective ball type to pocket, you can also check the ball type which you have to pocket by looking at the area under your display icon.
Even then, if you target your opponent’s ball using the cue stick, then the aim assistant will show you a cross mark, notifying you that you are trying to hit your opponent’s ball which can cause a foul.
Do note, if either of the players hit the 8 ball (Blackball) before finishing the other balls of their respective set then it is foul, and if you pocket the 8 ball before pocketing the other balls of your group then you directly lose the game. The fastest player to pocket all their group balls will win the game.
Turn Sound and Music On/off for 8 Ball Pool
You can also turn on or off the in-game music or the sound effects while playing the game. The sound effects play an important role while playing the game, but if you are in a situation where you cannot make noise, then you can turn off the sound effects and the music.
- To turn on or off the sound effects of the game, you need to click on the gear icon present at the bottom left corner of the screen while you are inside the 8-ball pool game.
- Find and tap on the Music button to turn off the in-game music. On the same screen, you will get the option to tap on the sound button to turn off the in-game sound effects as well.
There are some other customization options present in the game as well. Like you can customize your character’s appearance like the facial expressions, skin colour, headwear, hairstyle, eyewear and many more such customisations are available in the game. All of these customization options are present right above the sound and music controls of the game.