In a smartphone, notifications play a vital role. these notifications help us in being connected to people, and also keeps us updated about what’s happening inside each app.
Most of the notifications that appear on your lock screen, are the essential ones, however, there are certain apps, that sends unnecessary notifications, like an e-commerce driven app can send you notifications regarding the offers and sale, which isn’t that important for everyone.
In such scenarios, the important ones are often mixed up and eventually, we miss those notifications. So, if you ever happen to miss an important notification that got replaced by the new ones, and you want to recall those old notifications by following the below tutorial.
How To Check past notifications on iPhone?
- Depending on the model of your iPhone, press the home button or the power button, while the screen of your iPhone is turned off.
- Now, swipe down from the centre of the screen on your iPhone’s lock screen, and it should pull up a list of notifications. In case, there are no notifications to show up, then you will be seeing a message No Older Notifications instead of any notifications.
- Apple’s notification system is intelligent enough to categorize them according to the app from which the notification is pushed. So, it might show the number of pending notifications at once, or it might be categorized.
- Find the notification that is needed by you, once you get that, tap on that notification, and it will give an option of pressing the Open button, tap on it to open that notification.
- Once you tap on the open button, it should open that particular app, from where the notification was sent. Do note that, if your iPhone is locked then you will need to unlock the phone using the Face ID, Touch ID or the passcode in order to continue to the app.
- if you want to clear the old unnecessary notifications, then you can Swipe left on a particular notification or particular group of notifications, and it will give you an option to Clear/clear all button, tap on it, and it should clear that particular notification or the grouped notifications.
- You can also customize or edit the notifications, you can tap on the options to show up a small menu beside the notification to adjust or tweak some settings for the app from where the notification originated. You can also use the menu to mute the notifications for the app or you can directly turn off the notifications for the particular app. After which that app won’t send you any notifications at all.
- If you tap on the Clear or clear all button for a particular notification, then it will permanently wipe off that notification and you won’t be able to bring it back, however, it won’t change anything within the app, and you can access information once you open that app. Clearing the notification from the lock screen, also won’t affect the notification badge of that particular app.
- In case you want to clear all of the notifications regardless of any app or any group, then you need to press the X button located right next to the notification centre. Then tap on the Clear All Notifications. this will permanently remove all of the pending notifications of your iPhone and you won’t be able to bring it back.
- To see the notifications while your iPhone is unlocked, then you need to swipe down from the top left side of the screen and it will show you the lock screen, however, it won’t lock the phone, but it will just show the notifications and lock screen.
- If there are no notifications that are pending, then the screen will display No older notifications instead.
How to Check Deleted Notifications?
As of now, you cannot view the notifications on your iPhone once it is deleted. If you have deleted, opened or cleared any notification on your iPhone then you won’t be able to see the notifications again on the lock screen of your iPhone. If you are still not able to see the notifications which have not been deleted then simply turn on your iPhone’s screen, you should be able to view by following the same steps as mentioned above.
How To Turn Off Notifications on an iPhone?
If you are very much annoyed by notifications on your iPhone, then you can simply turn off all of the notifications on your iPhone, if not then you can also turn off notifications of particular apps as well. Go to the Settings app and then head to the notifications option. from the list, you can tap on any app for which you want to disable the notifications and then toggle off Allow Notifications. if you want to disable the notifications temporarily, then you can turn on the Do not disturb mode.
How To Turn on Instagram notifications on iPhone?
To get notifications from Instagram, you need to first enable it, you can do so by going to the settings then tapping on Notifications and then tapping on Instagram. toggle on Allow notifications.
How To Schedule a Notification Summary on an iPhone?
If you have an iPhone later than 6S, then chances are that your phone must be running the latest iOS version that is iOS 15. if not then you must rush to the software updates and then install the update. Make sure that your device is running on the latest version of iOS 15. As, with the latest version of iOs and iPad OS, Apple has given an option to schedule the times to receive a summary of the notifications of each day, so that it is easier for the users to catch up whenever it is convenient for them. The notification summary is curated to you and is ordered by the priority based on how you use the apps, and which apps matter the most to you, while the less relevant apps will appear at the end of the notification summary.
To schedule, a notification summary on your iPhone follow through the tutorial below-
- head to the settings app on your iPhone then >> Notifications >> Scheduled Summary and then turn on the Scheduled Summary.
- Under the Apps in Summary, select the apps that you want to include in your notification summary and untick the ones for which you dont want to receive notifcations in the summary.
- Under the Schedule, you need to tap on the Add Button and then to add a new schedule or use the Remove button to remove the app from the notiicfcation summary. Adjust the time for each scheduled summary you have set up.
How To Change the Alert Styles of notifications on your iPhone?
To change the alert styles of notifications on your iPhone, you need to follow through the below quick tutorial.
- Go to the settings and then tap on notifications.
- Inside that select an app under the notification style.
- Inside the alerts option, choose the alert style that you want to use. If you turn on Allow notifications, then you can choose when you want to receive the notifications from a aparticular app, you can choose between immedeately or in the scheduled notifiction summary.
So this was an extensive guide on how to deal with notifications on an iPhone. from the above tutorials, you will be able to turn off notifications for all of the apps, check for older notifications, turn on notifications for certain apps. Not to mention you can also adjust and tweak the notifications from particular apps and they can be grouped as well.