- SafeSearch is built-in to your iOS device to keep you and your loved ones safe and secure.
- If you know what you are doing, even without SafeSearch, you can browse the web safely.
- Here we have listed the ways by which you can disable SafeSearch on your iPhone.
iOS is made to protect you from vulnerable attacks and it also stops you from visiting explicit websites because of privacy and security concerns.
On an iPhone, there are certain methods through which you can turn off the SafeSearch option. After which you will be able to search for whatever you want to, without any issue. Below we have a quick tutorial on how to turn off SafeSearch on iPhone.
Turn Off SafeSearch on Safari
For most people, Safari is the default browser on iPhones as it is the one that comes pre-installed and is made by Apple. So, let’s try to turn off SafeSearch for Safari on iPhone.
The settings for the app can be found in the settings app of the iPhone. But the SafeSearch is a bit embedded inside the settings app and cannot be found that easily. To turn off the SafeSearch on Safari you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the settings app of your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Screen Time.
- Then click on Content and Privacy Restrictions.
- Inside it toggle on the Content and Privacy Restrictions and then tap on Content Restrictions.
- Now, inside the Content Restriction, scroll down a bit to find Web Content.
- Select Unrestricted Access from the Web Content tab.
This method will only work if you are using Safari as your default browser. If you are using any other browser then you will have to change settings differently, and this won’t work.
Turning Off SafeSearch on Non-Safari Browsers
For all those iPhone users who are using a different default browser on their phone like Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge here is how you can turn off the SafeSearch of your browsers on an iPhone.
Follow through the tutorial below to turn off SafeSearch on a browser other than Safari.
Here, we’re considering Google Chrome.
- Open the browser app on your iPhone.
- Visit this link: https://www.google.com/safesearch
- Here’s simply toggle and disable the button if it’s enabled. This will turn off SafeSearch.
You can turn on/off the Google explicit search bar by typing google.com/safesearch and then pressing enter on any browser. The browser should open the explicit search filter. You have to turn off the filter and that’s it your SafeSearch browsing has been disabled for the Google Chrome browser.
It is advised to keep the SafeSearch turned on all the time unless you need to turn it off for some reason. But sometimes turning on the SafeSearch can hamper the accuracy of the search results.
So, from time to time you can turn the SafeSearch off to search for something which isn’t visible on the SafeSearch being turned on.