Browsers are an integral part of our everyday life. We use the internet all the time and the whole browsing experience is served by the browser. Speaking of browsers, the most common and famous browser of all time is Google Chrome.
It has been more than a decade since the launch and the browser has come a long way in improving the overall experience as well as adding some new features. However, some additional features in the browser can be annoying to some people, like the trending search option in chrome.
It can be annoying and disturbing at times. So, in this article, we will be discussing how we can disable the trending search option from google chrome.
There are a lot of users that would argue that it is a useful feature, but not everyone would agree with the argument. If you agree with the disagreement, then you might be the one searching for a way to disable the feature, so below we have a detailed guide on how you can turn off the trending search from the Google Chrome browser.
Turn Off Trending Searches in Chrome on Android device
- For Android users, head to the Google Chrome app from your home screen or the app drawer.
- Tap on your account picture from the top right corner.
- Next, you need to tap on the Google services which are present under the ‘You and Google’ section inside the settings screen of the browser.
- Lastly, you need to locate the Autocomplete searches and URLs option and then toggle the switch to the off position to disable the trending search option in the Chrome browser on your Android device.
- That’s it you will no longer see trending searches on chrome while searching.
Turn Off Trending Searches in Chrome on iOS
Turning off the Trending search option on google chrome on iOS is a bit different than turning it off on an Android device, follow through the tutorial to know how to turn it off.
- Start with launching the Chrome app from the home screen or the app library of your iOS device.
- Now, you need to click on the account picture that is located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Once inside the settings, scroll down to Autocomplete searches and URLs option. Switch the toggle of the particular option to the ‘off’ position.
- That’s it, the trending search is now disabled on your iPhone’s chrome browser.
Turn off Trending searches in Chrome on a Desktop Computer
You can disable the trending search option on the google chrome browser on your desktop computer be it a Mac or a Windows Pc. You can follow the tutorial below, it is a pretty straightforward guide and you can disable it with just a few clicks.
- First, you need to open the Chrome browser on your computer from the taskbar, app dock, or desktop.
- Next, you have to click on the kebab menu that should be on the top right corner of the screen.
- From the overlay menu, click on Settings.
- Click on the Sync and Google services option that should be present under the You and Google section of the settings page.
- Once you have clicked on it, scroll down and toggle the switch to the off position following the Autocomplete searches and URLs option which is located under the Other Google services section.
That’s all for now, following the above tutorials you will be able to disable the trending search option on the chrome browser from every platform or device you have. Enjoy surfing the internet without getting annoyed anymore.