- Having tons of Bluetooth devices (or a bunch of iPhones) can be quite confusing when it comes to identifying the device via the Bluetooth name.
- To avoid confusion, you may give a custom name to each device.
- Here, we discuss how to change the Bluetooth name on iPhone.
As there are multiple iPhones around the world and multiple Apple accessories. So, changing the name of that Bluetooth device obviously makes sense. This way it will be easier for you to find your own apple accessories when you are around multiple devices.
In this post, we will be discussing how you can change the Bluetooth name of your iPhone. We will also be discussing how you can change the Bluetooth name of the accessories like the AirPods and Apple Watch that are connected to your iPhone.
How Do I Change My Discoverable Name on My iPhone?
Changing the Bluetooth name of your iPhone is good practice to easily find your device when connecting to other Bluetooth devices. You can change the name of your iPhone by following the steps below.
- Head to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, go to the General and then About.
- inside the about settings tap on Name. It will show you the default name that other devices will see whenever they are connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
- On the Name screen, you need to enter the new customized name for your iPhone. Once you have written, tap on Done to replace the default name with your new name for your iPhone.
- To confirm you can go to the settings and then the Bluetooth option. Your iPhone will now be discoverable with the new name.
How Do I Change My Bluetooth Name for an Accessory on my iPhone?
All the Bluetooth accessories that are paired to your iPhone also have a default name of the device. You can now change the name of these Bluetooth accessory devices as well. Giving them custom names will make it easier for you to find them in a crowded place.
For example, you can change the name of your AirPods to your name and then it will be easier for you to find it, especially when around a few other AirPods.
You can follow the tutorial below to change the name of the Bluetooth device connected to your iPhone.
- Head to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Open the Bluetooth settings. The Bluetooth accessory should come on top, if it isn’t on top of the list, then make sure that it is turned on and connected to your iPhone.
- Besides the accessory’s default name, tap on the tiny encircled ‘i’ symbol.
- Now, select Name and then enter a new name on the next screen to change your Bluetooth device’s name. Once changed, tap on the Done button to save the Bluetooth device with its new name.
Do note that there are no name fields available inside the Bluetooth settings of the device. Then unfortunately you won’t be able to change the name of that particular Bluetooth device.
In that case you cannot do anything else but stick with the default name of the Bluetooth device.
Why Change the Default Name?
The very obvious reason as discussed above is to make it stand out from the rest of the crowd having the same device. It will be easier to find Joseph’s iPhone than written as only iPhone.
The same goes with Bluetooth accessories like the AirPods and Apple Watch. Besides the ease of finding your devices, changing the names of the device also adds a touch of personalization to all of the Bluetooth accessories you own.