Unfortunately, some Apple users encountering issues related to the cellular data network on iPhone. Whenever you try to open the internet browser, the message says:
Could not activate cellular data network
This issue is enough to annoy you especially when you’re about search for something important on the internet.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to fix the Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network issue on iPhone, without further ado, let’s get started.
Read the Message
Read the message carefully, if it’s indicating to “turn on cellular (or mobile) data or to use Wi-Fi to access data. Your issue might get resolved then and there if you turn on Data or Wi-Fi.
Troubleshooting “Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network“
To resolve the issue, users need to do the following:
Turn off and on Cellular Data
Step 1: Visit Settings > Cellular.
Step 2: Tap on Cellular Data switch to turn it off.
Step 3: Go back to the Home Screen, and wait for 20-30 seconds.
Step 4: Visit Settings again > Cellular > Cellular Data and switch it back on.
Step 1: Visit Settings > Mobile > Mobile Data Options > Enable LTE.
Step 2: Let you device be connected to Wi-Fi, leave it for 20-30 seconds.
Restart your Device
This is the major thing you can perform to resolve the issue.
For iPad, iPhone 8, or above with no Home Button present: Press and release the volume up button, then press promptly release the volume down button, now, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo is displayed.
For iOS 11 and above: Settings > General > Shut Down.
For iPad or iPhone with Home Button: Press and hold Side/Top/Power button until the slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off the device, when the device is off press and hold the Side/Top/Power button until Apple Logo Appears.
Reset APN network settings
Step 1: Visit Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.
Step 2: Then click on Cellular Network to check APN settings.
Step 3: Contact your carrier and ask whether your iDevie is set on correct APN settings.
For iPhones: Visit Settings > Cellular . Cellular Data Settings.
For iPads: Remove the configuration profile and add again, for that visit Settings > General > Profile.
- Toggle off any VPN non-permanently.
- Visit > Settings > General > Profile. Here, remove any APN or VPN profiles. If there’s no profile, then it will not appear.
- Visit Settings > General > About. Here, update your carrier settings if available, tap on Update.
- Visit Settings > General > Settings > Reset Network Settings. This will reset your network settings without affecting your personal data.
- Make sure that your device is updated on the latest version, visit Settings > General > Software Update.
- Reinsert SIM card.
- Reset your Device by visiting Settings > General > Reset and choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
If you’re performing a reset on your iDevice, then make sure to create a backup on iTunes. As your data will get erased completely.
Read next: How to Fix a Dead iPhone: Tips and Tricks