Apple is a decent company, that provides decent products and services to its users. You never know when the brand will surprise you by introducing new amazing features. Some unfortunate Apple users are unable to enjoy the services of iTunes and Apple Store and show an unexpected error message. The error message displays “Verification Failed. There was an error in connecting to your Apple ID“.
Due to the failed Verification, you can’t access the iTunes and Apple Store service further. Users mostly encounter the issue after a restore or iOS update, it might also happen because of issues that are not at all related to your Apple ID.
And this could be a bothersome issue for some Apple users, especially when they want to access the services. Here’s some workaround that will help you to access the service just like before.
Quick workarounds to resolve failed Verification of Apple ID
Follow the quick workaround that could fix the failed verification of Apple ID.
- Ensure that Apple’s servers are working well by looking at Apple’s System Status.
- Check your internet connection.
- If you’re using WiFi, then try to connect to another Wi-Fi network or switch over the cellular data by turning off the Wi-Fi.
- In case of restricted Wi-Fi network, try cellular data of personal hotspot.
- If you have another Apple device like another iPhone, iPad, or Mac, generate the verification code from another Apple device that uses the same Apple ID, on the devices to use it on your own device.
- Try to use only one Apple ID for all services.
- Turn off the services that you don’t use like Facetime, Game Center, and Messages App which requires another Apple ID.
- Set your Date & Time to Set Automatically.
- Reboot to force or force to reboot the device.
- Try to re-login into Apple ID.
- Sign out of Apple ID in Settings > iTunes & App Store, sign in again after some time.
- Disable the adblocker or Content Blocker if it’s enabled.
- Disable the VPN and then try.
- Visit Apple ID’s website, reset Apple ID account and password, and try with a new password.
How To Fix Verification failed, Connecting Apple ID Error
Following are valid fixes that will help you to eliminate the issue, if the solution listed below works, then it’s worth giving a try.
- In the earlier iPhone model, sometimes data & time somehow go out of sync, so ensure that you toggle on “Set Date Time Automatically” from the iPhone Settings.
- Incase, Set Automatically option is grayed out or not able to turn on, then try to disable Screen Time, and then try to toggle on “Set Automatically”.
- Try to perform reset your network’s settings, you reset it by visiting Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This process will turn your device’s network setting to the factory defaults (make sure to note down the Wi-Fi password, as the process will wipe out everything related to a network).
- Try to force backup, also toggle it off and on. Toggle it off and press OK, now toggle on iCloud and press PK. Now, press Backup Up Now to perform a forced backup.
- Try to connect to iTunes and update or restore iOS, turn off the iDevices > connect iDevices to PC > open iTunes on PC > hold the button.
- Try to turn off iCloud Backup and then connecting to the Apple ID.
- Perform a force restart, especially with iPhone 7 and earlier version by pressing the home button, off and on button simultaneously, or till the Apple brand logo appears on the screen. And then try to access the service. For iPhone 8 and letter which includes without a home button, press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo. Now try to use the service.
Let us know which method worked for you in the comment section below.