Entering and leaving a voice channel in Discord is as simple as it gets. All you gotta do right is to know what all the buttons in the interface do.
If you want to hop out of a voice channel or would like to stay in the channel but have it muted, this guide is for you. Here’s how to leave a voice channel in Discord.
Ways to Leave a Voice Channel on Discord
You got options: You can leave a Discord channel using the desktop or mobile app – depending on what you prefer. Here’s I have listed both the methods.
Let’s start with steps to leave a Discord voice channel using the desktop app.
Also read: Adjust Audio Quality in Discord Voice Channels
Via Discord Desktop Application
To leave a Discord voice channel using the desktop app, follow the below steps:
- In the place where channel names are displayed, you should see a box similar to this one:
- To the right, you should see the call connection icon (phone with an ‘x’). Click this icon to leave the voice channel.
- While you are still connected to the voice server, you can easily swap between all voice channels. When you left-click on one of the channels, you will be moved from your current channel to the new one you just chose.
That was easy, wasn’t it? That’s right leaving a voice channel on Discord is as easy as it gets.
VIa a Smartphone or Tablet
Here’s let me show you how to leave a voice channel on Discord using your phone or tablet.
Follow the below steps:
- Tap the voice channel you are currently in.
- Tap the menu icon to the right of the channel name to change the channel and voice settings.
- To disconnect from the voice server (and also the channel), tap on the Phone icon in the bottom right corner.
How to Mute a Channel in Discord
If you are in a position that doesn’t let you from leaving, yet you still don’t want to talk or listen to others talk – then muting the channel is the option you are looking for. In Discord, you can either mute or deafen.
From a voice channel:
To mute or unmute your mic, left-click the Microphone icon. To deafen yourself, click the Headphones icon.
If you’d like to mute or deafen the channel itself (assuming that you have the proper permissions to do so):
- Right-click on the channel name > select Edit Channel.
- From the menu, select the Permissions tab.
- In the window that appears to the right, scroll to the Voice Permissions section > click the green checkmark to the right of Mute Members to mute the channel, or to the right of Deafen Members to deafen the channel.
- Once done, the Save Changes button pops up. Click and confirm the same.
To unmute (or undeafen) the channel, you should click on either the red ‘X’ or gray ‘/’ icon.
How to Delete a Discord Channel
If you want to get rid of the channel altogether for good, then follow the below steps:
You need to be the owner or a server administrator.
- Right-click the channel you want to delete.
- From the popup box select Delete Channel.
- Click Delete Channel once more to confirm.
Hope this guide helped you to easily leave, mute, or delete a Discord channel on desktop or mobile devices.
Read next: [Fix] Can’t Hear Anyone on Discord