Not everyone knows it, but if you are using Discord for group chat, you can also play music in the group voice channels. This is something that isn’t offered by any other rival communicating apps. The whole purpose of giving an option to play music on a discord voice channel is to give you an even better experience of using discord while group chatting over the voice. So if you are managing the servers or groups on Discord, or if you are a part of any server and wants to listen to the music on Discord itself while talking, then below we have you covered with quick tutorials on how to play music in Discord. We have covered several different ways to do so, you can choose anyone and follow through with it.
How To Play Music in Discord
Typically, there are two main methods through which you can play music on Discord voice channels the most common method is to use a bot and then connect it to a YouTube or Spotify account. The method where we use bot is the most common method and the easy one while giving a variety of options so first let’s look into the working of discord bots for playing music.
How To Add a Music Bot to Discord
To add an option to play music on Discord using a bot, you need to follow the below steps.
- First, you need to create a server in your discord if you haven’t created it yet. To create a server click on the + symbol.
- Now, you can name your server and your region according to your choice.
- On the next step, you need to visit the bot’s website and then click on the invite or Add button to add that particular bot to your discord server.
- Log in to your Discord account.
- You need to pass the verification and select a server for your music bot, that’s it you are good to go and have successfully added a music bot to your Discord server.
How To Play Music in a Discord Call
There are certain different Discord bots that you can use to play music during the calls. We will be using the Groovy bot to set it up, below we have a quick tutorial that needs to be followed to play music in a DIscord call.
- Head to the Groovy bot website and then click on the Add to discord button.
- As mentioned before, while adding a bot you need to pass the verification and select a server for your bot.
- Now, open your discord and join a voice channel from your server. Now ask Groovy the name of the song to play using the -play command. For example- -play Perfect by Ed Sheeran.
How To Play Music in Discord Through a Mic
By now we have learnt to play music on Discord with the help of a bot that responds to our commands which we write on the chatbox. However, we can do a similar task by simply speaking to the bot. We can use the Groovy and then the -play command. But, for voice commands to work for Groovy, we need to first set a few things up from the control panel of the computer. follow through the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Control Panel
- Find and open hardware and Sound and then open Manage Audio Devices.
- Open the Recording tab from the top of the dialogue box that opened.
- Right-click on the Stereo Mix option and then click on Enable. Also, set it to the default mic.
That’s all, now you can join the voice channel and start playing music using the Groovy bot and it will work using your microphone as well as the chatbox.
How To Play Music in Discord on Android
Since Discord can be used on multi-device across different OS like Android, iOS, Windows or Mac. So a lot of users must be using Discord on Android, and if you are one of them and wants to play music in Discord on Android then you can follow the steps below.
- Head to the Discord bot’s website.
- Now, hit the Music tab to see the list of all the available music bots. A few of the very popular bots are the Sinon, MedalBot and Astolfo.
- You can press the view button to find more details about the specific bot and then tap the Invite button on the bot you want to add.
- Next, you need to log in to your Discord account. It will redirect you to the bot’s website and then you need to select a server for your bot where you want to play music.
- Now tap on the Authorize and I am not a robot box for human verification. This will install the bot to your Discord account.
- Now, on your phone open Discord and then head to the Menu.
- From the list of servers, choose the bot which you just added from their website.
- Finally, all you have to do is join the voice channel and then enter the command that is associated with the bot through which the bot should start playing the music on your Discord voice channel. If you don’t know the command then you can go to the bot’s website and it should be written.
How To Play Music in Discord on iPhone
If you are an iOS user and wants to play music using a bot on Discord using your iPhone then our recommendation would be to go with the MEE6 bot, it is iOS friendly and has good compatibility as well. So, to set the MEE6 bot on your Discord using an iOS device, follow the steps written below.
- First, you need to go to the Bot’s website and then log in with your discord credentials.
- Now, authorize the bot to enter into your discord account and server.
- Choose the server in which you want the MEE6 bot to enter.
- Find and tap on the Plugins button and then press on the Music. If it was disabled earlier then you need to press the Add button.
- Finally, launch Discord and then join a voice channel.
- To start using bot type !search followed by the name of the song. The bot will search and display the list of songs related to your keyword.
- Now, enter the number of the song which you want to play and it will add it to your playlist.
- To play the songs added to the playlist you need to enter the command !play.
How To Play Music in Discord Channel
As we have discussed earlier that there are a lot of different bots on Discord that can play music on your voice channels. One such bot is FredBot. In order to use FredBot on your Discord server follow the tutorial mentioned below.
- To set up the FredBot, first, you need to visit its website and log in with your Discord account.
- On the next screen you need to authorize the bot to enter into your Discord server, and also you need to prove that you are a human by clicking on I am not a bot.
- Select the server that the bot will be used to join and play music on your Discord channel.
How To Play Music in Discord Using Rythm Bot
If you are a pro user of Discord then you must have heard of the Rythm Bot. It is one of the most famous and commonly used bots when it comes to playing music on any discord server. if you haven’t been using Rythm and wants to try this famous bot, then follow the steps below to get the Rythm bot to your discord server and start listening to music directly from YouTube.
- So, first, you need to head to the Rythm’s website and then click on the Add to Discord button which is located on your right side of the screen.
- Next, you need to enter your Discord credentials and log in to your account on the same website only and then choose the server on which you want Rythm Bot to hop on to.
- Click on Authorize button at the bottom of the pop-up window. Also, don’t forget to check the box that says I am not a bot and then the bot will be added to your discord server.
- Now, open the Discord app on your computer and then select the server where the Rythm bot is installed.
- Start the voice channel or join any of the voice channels.
- Finally, type !play followed by a space and then enter the name of the song or album or artist which you want to listen to on your voice channel of discord. Press the enter button and then the Rythm bot will search the requested song on YouTube and if found it will start playing it on your voice channel.
How To Play Music in a Discord Private or Group Call
As of now, you cannot play music in Discord in a private group call since there is no such bot developed that can help you in playing songs on a private group call.
How To Find the Best Discord music Bot
In this post itself, we have curated the best bots that can be used to play music on a discord server. All of them are the ones that can do their jobs easily, however, our best pick would be the Rythm bot. Below we have a brief about each of the bots mentioned here.
If you are looking for a reliable and versatile bot then Rythm bot is the one to go with. It has a large library of songs backed by Youtube, Twitch and SoundCloud. The Rythm bot is one of that bot that runs 100% of the time stable and doesn’t have glitches or bugs in its working.
This groovy bot has its own pros while using it on a discord server. the biggest plus point of using the Groovy bot on your server is that it is very easy to use and can be used by anyone with its simple commands. The groovy bot can also show you lyrics of the songs currently playing and it also offers to shuffle songs from a playlist.
Another great discord bot is the FredBot. It is very much similar to the groovy bot but in addition to the features of Groovy, it also offers some extra features like setting a particular user who can decide and change the playlist or the songs being played at the moment.
How To Play Music in Discord Without a Bot
The alternative to discord bots for playing music is to connect your Spotify to the discord account and that is the only option when it comes to an alternative to the Discord Bots.
- Open Discord and then navigate to the User Settings option.
- Find and click on Connections and then click on the Spotify icon located under the Connect Your Accounts tab.
- Once you click on the Spotify icon you will be redirected to Spotify’s login page.
- here you need to enter your Spotify login credentials, through which you will be able to connect your Spotify account to your Discord.
- Once you have finished setting up, you will see a notification stating connected your Spotify account to discord.
- Now open the discord app on your device and then scroll down and then go to the connections option again to check if you have successfully connected your Spotify.
That’s it you can now start listening to your Spotify songs on Discord itself.
What is the Best Music Bot for Discord?
There is a plethora of different bots available for Discord that can play music on your Discord servers. however, Rythm might be the best bet through which you can play music as it is light and easy to use while it has a huge library of YouTube, Twitch and SoundCloud. The Rythm bot is also updated regularly to keep it out of bugs and the service that it provides remains top-notch.
So this was an extensive guide on how you can play music on Discord servers using different bots and different methods, all of them works flawlessly, but using a bot rather than connecting Spotify is a better option, as for bots you don’t need to buy any subscription but for Spotify, you do need to have one. On the other hand, bots handle the playlist pretty well, so go ahead and try one of the bots mentioned above on your Discord server.
See next: How To Leave A Voice Channel In Discord