- You can use your USAA Card via Apple Pay.
- You can add the USAA Credit/Debit card and American Express Card through the USAA Mobile app or Apple Pay app.
- It is also possible to use any USAA card directly through your Apple Watch.
As you all know Apple pay brings a lot of benefits to its users in several different ways. There are Apple Pay rewards and the ease of paying through the phone is also there.
So, if you are trying to add your USAA card to your Apple Pay wallet, then this article can help you with how to add and verify your USAA card for Apple Pay.
What is Apple Pay and What are the Benefits?
Using Apple Pay you can make both online and offline purchases in person using your Apple device like iPhone and Apple Watch.
Whenever you start your Apple Pay wallet it creates a virtual account number that will be sent to the merchant where you are buying from. This way your original USAA account number won’t be shared. It just adds an extra layer of security and protection to your USAA account while making payments and doing transactions.
If you are doing in-store shopping then Apple Pay gives you the option to make your payments contactless. Using Apple Pay you can check out faster and in a safer way.
Apple Pay can also save your card for online shopping and your card info will be saved with security. This can help in quickly entering your card info while checking out from an outlet.
Currently, not every outlet is accepting Apple Pay, but they are growing rapidly and more and more outlets are starting to accept Apple Pay.
How To Add a VISA Debit or Credit card through USAA Mobile App:
To add a VISA debit or credit card via USAA mobile app to your Apple Pay wallet, you need to follow the tutorial below-
- Head to the USAA mobile app on your iPhone.
- Then head to the account section and select the account for the card you want to add.
- Now, go to the Account Summary.
- Find and tap on add Apple Wallet.
To add a USAA American Express Credit Card to the Apple Pay Wallet, you will have to do it via the Apple Pay app.
How To Add a Visa Debit or Credit Card, or USAA American Express Credit Card through the Apple Pay app:
In order to add a VISA debit or credit card or your USAA American Express credit card to your Apple Pay wallet so that you can use it to pay later on to the merchants online and offline. You can follow the tutorial below
- Open the Apple Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap on the Add button.
- If you are adding a card for the first time, then select whether the card you are adding is a debit or credit card. Else, if you are adding a card which has been added to your wallet previously, then you can select the Previously added card.
- Now, tap on continue to proceed to the next steps.
- On the next page, you will have to fill in the card info. You might also need to select the USAA from the list of types of cards, you can also type it in the search bar.
- Once you have added the card, you will have to verify it with USAA.
- You can also add the same card to your Apple watch which should be paired to the same iPhone. Then you can use your Apple Watch to pay through your USAA card.
How to Add Your USAA Card Directly to your Apple Watch:
- Go to the Apple Pay Wallet app on your Watch.
- Now, scroll down to Add a Card.
- if you are adding a new card then you can select which type of card you want to add be it debit or credit. Otherwise, if it is an old card which has been previously added to your Apple Watch, then you can tap on Previously added.
- Tap on Continue.
- Now, you can fill out the card details and select the type of card from the list. You can also type the card-type into the search bar.
- Finally, you will have to verify the USAA card that you just added to make sure it is ready for payments via Apple Pay on Apple Watch.
Having Trouble Verifying Your USAA Card in Apple Pay?
There could be an issue while verifying your USAA card with Apple Pay. if you are one of those users who are having issues while verifying the card then you can try removing the card from your Apple Pay Wallet and then add it instead via the USAA app.
How To Remove your USAA card from Apple Pay Wallet and then add it through your USAA app:
If you want to remove the recently added USAA card from your Apple pay wallet and then add it through the USAA app because of verification issues, then below is the tutorial for the same.
- On your iPhone head to the Apple Pay wallet app.
- Then scroll and select the USAA card which you want to remove.
- Now, tap on the three dots from the top right corner of the screen.
- Inside the card info, scroll to the last and then tap on the Remove This Card.
- The app might ask you to enter the passcode to confirm the removal of the card.
- Once removed, head to the USAA app on your phone.
- Now, select the account to which you want to add the card to your Apple Pay wallet.
- Once selected the account, tap on the three dots located at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the options select ATM/Debit Card.
- On the next screen, select the option to Add to Apple Pay.
- Now you can follow through the prompts on your device to add your USAA card to your Apple Pay wallet via USAA.
Now, the Verify button should disappear on its own once you have completed the steps on the USAA app. In case it doesn’t, then I would recommend you restart your iPhone.
If none of the methods mentioned above worked for you, or you are getting some additional verification questions regarding the USAA card, then I would advise you to check out the Apple Pay Support or the USAA Digital wallet for more info about the same.
Lastly, if your problems are still unresolved then contacting the customer care support of USAA is the best option, they will be able to guide you with the step-by-step procedure to add the card to your Apple Pay wallet.
They will also be able to check if there is anything wrong with your card and fix it. To contact a USAA member, you can call them at 800-531-USAA (8722).