If you are a pro iMessage user then you must be knowing that Apple gives an option to play certain games on iMessage itself. If you don’t know, then we are telling you that you can play games with your partner on iMessage. It is a very fun way to interact and play games together using iMessage.
iMessage offers a bunch of retro games that you can play with your friends. Cup Pong is one such game that has been included in iMessage’s list of games.
If you ever wanted to play Cup Pong with your friends on iMessage then let me tell you that now you can play it. To start playing Cup Pong with your friends on message, below we have a detailed guide for the same, you can follow through it.
Install Cup Pong from the iMessage App Store
There is a specific iMessage store from where you can download games that can be played on iMessage. However, the Cup Pong game isn’t available as a stand-alone app on the iMessage store. You will have to install a third-party app that provides a variety of different games including Cup Pong and a few others as well.
Below we have a quick tutorial on how you can install and start playing Cup Pong on iMessage.
- Open the messages app from your home screen or the app library of your iPhone.
- Now open the conversation head of the contact with whom you wish to play Cup Pong. You can also tap on the compose icon from the bottom left to initiate a conversation with a contact.
- Next, you need to tap on the grey AppStore icon that is present at the bottom left of your screen to expand the section.
- Click on the blue colored Appstore icon which is present on the expanded section of the keyboard area. it should open a new overlay window on your screen which should look like a mini version of the App Store.
- From the newly opened overlay window, you need to tap on the search icon and then type Game Pigeon and tap on the search button present on the bottom right corner of the keyboard.
- You need to click on the Get button and then authenticate yourself by providing the biometrics or the password on your iPhone to download the app.
Play Cup Pong With Your Contacts
After you have downloaded the Cup Pong game on your iPhone, you can start playing it right away with your friends, make sure that the other person has also downloaded the game in the same way as you did.
- Open the messages app from the home screen or the app library of your iPhone.
- Choose the conversation head with whom you want to play the Cup Pong game, you can also start a new conversation by tapping on the compose icon and then selecting the contact with whom you want to start the conversation and start playing the game.
- Once inside the conversation window, you need to tap on the grey coloured Appstore icon, it should expand the app store section.
- Swipe right to left from the toolbars of the keyboard to find the GamePigeon logo that you just installed, tap on it to open the app inside iMessage.
- Find and locate the Cup Pong game tile from the grid of options and then tap on it to launch the game inside the iMessage.
- Before you start the game, you can also customize the look of your cups simply by tapping on the CUSTOMIZE tile located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- To change the arrangement style of the cups, you need to go to the Game Mode tile and change it. But multiple arrangements for Cup Pong are only available to paid users of the app.
- Once you have customized as per your preference, you can tap on the send icon ( Upward arrow icon) and it should start a game with the contact.
- As you have initiated the game inside iMessage, it will be the opponent’s first turn. After they have completed their turn, you will receive the message back and then you can tap on the game tile to take your turn and play the game.
- In the game, to launch the ball, tap and hold onto the ball for a few seconds and flick your finger across the screen to through the ball. For each turn, you will have two chances to throw the ball and then it will be the opponent’s turn.
- The purpose of playing the game is to get a ball inside the cup, as soon as you pocket a ball inside the cup, the cup will be lifted off the table.
- Whoever pockets the balls faster will win the game, pocket all of the balls before your opponent does so that you can win the game.
Turn Off Sound and/or Music in Cup Pong
As you know music and sounds are a very important part of playing games, as it enhances the overall experience of playing the game. However, if at times you often want to play it silently or without sounds, both the sound effects as well as the music of the game can be turned off from the game itself, allowing you to play the game silently. below is the quick tutorial following which you will be able to silent the game music and sound effects.
- While inside the game, tap on the hamburger icon (three horizontally stacked lines) located near the avatar picture.
- Inside the options, find and locate the Sound option and then tap on it to turn off the in-game sounds. Once you turn off the sounds you will see an X mark beside the Sound label, which will denote that you have disabled the sound.
- In the same way, you can turn off the in-game music by tapping on the Music option.
Apple also allows you to customize the look of the avatar which are displayed inside the game. You can change hairstyle, face, eyewear, headwear, clothes, facial expressions and much more. All of them can be done under the customization options present inside the options right above the music and sound options.